All-New 2016 Lexus RX Launched In Malaysia – From RM388,800Berita Kereta
Three months after its regional debut in Jakarta, the all-new fourth generation Lexus RX has been launched in Malaysia.
The fully-imported from Japan five-seater RX slots between the Audi Q5 (RM324,900) and Q7 (RM538,900), as well as between the BMW X3 (RM323,800) and X5 (RM579,800). The RX is bigger than the Q5 and X3, but not quite as big as the 5+2 seater X5 and 7-seater Q7.
There are three engine options – 2.0-litre inline four-cylinder turbo petrol, 3.5-litre naturally aspirated V6 petrol, and 3.5-litre V6 petrol-electric hybrid – and six model variants to choose from:
- RX 200t Premium – RM388,800
- RX 200t Luxury – RM408,400
- RX 200t F Sport – RM422,900
- RX 350 Luxury – RM457,800
- RX 350 F Sport – RM486,300
- RX 450h – RM520,200
All prices quoted are on-the-road prices without insurance, for private registrations in Peninsular Malaysia. All RX models sold in Malaysia are equipped with the Dynamic Torque Control AWD.
The RX 200t is the latest addition to the RX family. It shares the same 8AR-FTS 2-litre turbocharged petrol engine as the Lexus IS 200t and NX 200t. Power is sent to the all four wheels via the same 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission (Super ECT with AI Shift) as the NX200t (IS 200t uses an 8-speed automatic).
Power output is 235 hp from 4,800 to 5,600 rpm, matched by 350 Nm of torque from 1,650 rpm to 4,000 rpm.
The higher range RX 350 is powered by a 3.5-litre naturally aspirated V6 that pushes out 295 hp at 6,300 rpm and 370 Nm of torque, sustained from 4,600 rpm to 4,700 rpm. Power is transferred to all four wheels via an 8-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
Under the metal, the all-new Lexus RX has its wheelbase stretched by 50mm compared to its predecessor and allows for more legroom. Overall, the SUV is 120mm longer, 10mm wider, and 5mm lower than the car it replaces.
The turn signals now feature Audi-style animated light pattern, a first for a Lexus model.
Is It The Same As A Toyota Harrier?
Unlike previous generation RX models, this all-new RX is unrelated to the all-new Toyota Harrier, or any other Toyota SUV. The all-new Toyota Harrier now shares the same platform with the Lexus NX rather than the Lexus RX.
Overview of the Lexus RX variants
The base model RX 200t Premium (RM388,00 without insurance) comes with the following features:
- LED headlamps
- 20-inch wheels
- LED front fog lamps with cornering function
- Power-operated tailgate
- Keyless Smart Entry System
- Semi-aniline leather seats
- Eco/Normal/Sport Drive Mode
- 12-speaker Lexus Premium Audio
- 8-inch display monitor with Display Audio Controller
- 10 airbags
- Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control (VSC and TRC)
- Hill Start Assist
- Brake Hold
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear view camera with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
The RX 200t Luxury (RM408,400 without insurance) adds the following:
- Aluminium roof rails
- Smart Card Key
- 8-inch display monitor with Remote Touch Interface
- GPS Navigation system
- Wireless charger for mobile devices
- Panoramic view reverse camera
All F Sport variants feature
- Mesh design spindle grille
- Black outer mirror casings
- Dark metallic 20-inch alloy wheels
- Adaptive variable suspension
- F Sport instrument panel – with G-Ball and Boost Meter (for RX 200t F Sport only)
- F Sport motive-stitched leather seats
- Paddle shifters
- Additional Sport+/Customize settings for the Drive Mode function
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM)
The RX 350 Luxury (RM457,800 without insurance builds on the RX 200t Luxury’s list of features to include the following additional items:
- 12.3-inch EMV display monitor with Remote Touch Interface
- ‘Touchless’ power-operated tailgate – simply hover your palm over the Lexus logo on the tailgate, while keeping the Smart Card key with you to open to tailgate
The RX 350 F Sport and RX 450h comes with a 15-speaker Mark Levinson audio system as well as Head-Up Display.
All Lexus RX models come with a 3-year/100,000 km warranty. The RX 450h gets an additional 8-year/unlimited mileage assurance on the hybrid system.