Ramalkan Harga Kenderaan Anda

Perodua Now Supplies 1.5-litre 2NR-FE Dual VVT-i Engines For The Toyota Vios

Berita Kereta

Perodua Now Supplies 1.5-litre 2NR-FE Dual VVT-i Engines For The Toyota Vios

Perodua, via a new joint venture manufacturing facility with its technical partner Daihatsu, is now supplying 1.5-litre Dual VVT-i engines for the Toyota Vios, sources indicates.

The Daihatsu Perodua Engine Manufacturing plant in Sendayan Techvalley in Negeri Sembilan has been operational since May 2016, and has since manufactured about 35,000 engines – all of them from the Toyota-Daihatsu NR family of engines, available in 1.3-litre and 1.5-litre capacity.

Speaking at the launch of the Daihatsu Perodua Engine Manufacturing Sdn. Bhd. manufacturing facility in Sendayan earlier today, Perodua adds that 90 percent of the engines were supplied to Perodua, while the remaining 10 percent were supplied to another manufacturer, which Perodua declined to reveal.

Still, it’s not too difficult to guess the identity of the unnamed manufacturer, as Toyota is the only other company operating in Malaysia that uses the same NR engine.

Within Perodua’s line-up, only the Bezza 1.3-litre variant uses the new NR series engine (1NR-VE Dual VVT-i). That same 1.3-litre engine, as well as a larger 1.5-litre variant is also shared with the Indonesia-made Toyota Avanza.

The recently launched and locally-assembled new 2016 Toyota Vios is now equipped with a new 1.5-litre Dual VVT-I 2NR-FE engine, replacing the outgoing model’s 1NZ-FE (single, intake valve only) VVT-i engine.

Like the Bezza, the Vios also qualifies for excise duty deductions under Malaysia’s Energy Efficient Vehicle (EEV) program, allowing the new and improved Vios to reduce its prices by up to around RM4,000.

Berita Berkaitan


Lihat Kereta Idaman anda dalam App
Muat turun App Sekarang