Updated 2017 Volkswagen Beetle Goes On Sale In MalaysiaBerita Kereta
Volkswagen’s iconic Beetle is getting a minor update for 2017. The Beetle line-up will now consist of two variants – Design and Sport – both sharing the same 1.2-litre TSI turbocharged engine paired to a 7-speed dual-clutch DSG automatic transmission.
Each variant functions as a trim level, with the Sport Package being the higher of the two. The Design Package goes for RM 136,888 while the Sport Package costs a little more at RM 147,888. But what does the money get you?
The Design package gets you:
- Front Comfort Seats with Height Adjustment
- Halogen Headlights
- Manual Air-Conditioning
- “Pepita” Fabric Seat Upholstery
- Radio CD MP3 “Composition Colour” 5.8” touchscreen display with USB, SD Card, and Bluetooth with 8 Speakers
While the Sport package gets you:
- App Connect
- Bi-Xenon Headlights with LED daytime running lights
- “Climatronic” dual-zone air conditioning system
- Cruise Control
- Front sports seats with height adjustmenet and lumbar support
- Paddle shifters
- Radio CD MP3 “Composition Media” 6.5” touchscreen display with USB, Aux-In, SD Card, iPod/iPhone interface and Bluetooth with 8 speakers
- “Vienna” leather seat upholstery
Apart from this, there aren’t many changes to the Beetle in any significant way from the model it replaces. There will be the odd limited edition model to keep things interesting, but for now the Beetle as shown here will be available indefinitely- likely until the model goes out of production as Volkswagen has announced the Beetle will not have a successor anytime soon.
It’s best to grab it while you can. The Beetle has been resurrected as an icon and is a nice alternative to the standard hatchback fare if you don’t need 4 doors or the extra legroom. It’s also a fairly premium, unique car for the price point- you’d be hard pressed to find another car quite like it for the money.