The first ever Civic Type R designed for a global audience, the FK8 is based on the five-door Civic Hatchback and comes fully imported from Swindon, UK, Honda’s only production facility of the Type R worldwide.
Powering the FK8 is the 2.0-litre four-cylinder VTEC Turbo engine producing outputs of 310 PS and 400 Nm, sent to the front wheels via a short-shifted 6-speed manual transmission. The engine is slightly detuned from the 320 PS setup offered in European markets enabling it to run on RON 95 petrol.
Although available with a wide selection of colours globally, the FK8 will be offered exclusively in Championship White paint.
The all-new FK8 Civic Type R is open for booking exclusively at 21 selected Honda Sport Dealers.
- Review: 2017 Honda Civic Type R (FK8) – Making 320PS Work On FWD
- FK8 Honda Civic Type R: Making Automatic Rev-Matching Work
- How Honda Dummy-Proofs The FK8 Civic Type R’s Short Shifting 6-Speed Manual Transmission
- All-New Honda Civic Type R FK8 Accepts RON 95, But Makes 10PS Less
- Honda Engineer Buys Civic Type R, And Waits In Line For It
- Honda Civic Type R FK8 Launched In Malaysia – 310 PS, RM320k