“S-Max resonates with families who need extra space and practicality and who appreciate much more than a typical family hauler,” said David Westerman, managing director, Malaysia and Asia Pacific Emerging Markets, Ford Motor Company.
He further added that, “S-Max offers versatility, style, comfort, efficiency and performance that is unmatched in its segment.”
Westerman’s claim is bold, but one which we can substantiate, having been given a test unit over the recent weekend. As noted in our review, the S-Max is an impressively well-packaged people carrier that drives almost as well as a hot hatch.
Power comes from Ford’s own EcoBoost 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol direct injection engine carried over from the previous model producing 240PS and 345Nm. It is mated with a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission that replaces the PowerShift dual clutch gearbox of the predecessor model.
The S-Max is available in Malaysia with only one variant, and it comes equipped with the following features:
- Easy-Fold 2nd and 3rd row seats with 32 folding combinations and push-button folding
- 7 airbags
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ISOFIX (2nd row)
- Ford SYNC 2 – Voice Command, 8-inch colour touchscreen for audio, climate control, and phone connectivity
- Ford Multi-Contour front seats - heating, cooling, 8-way powered massage, electric adjustment
- Adaptive LED headlamp with Glare-Free Highbeam technology
- Lane Keeping Alert and Aid
- Driver Alert (fatigue monitoring)
- Curve Control and Roll Stability Control
“With its multitude of seating combinations, flexible space and convenient features, the all-new S-Max is the ideal multi-purpose vehicle for Malaysian families,” said Syed Ahmad Muzri Syed Faiz, managing director, Sime Darby Auto Connexion, Ford’s local distributor in Malaysia
Read Carlist.my's review of the 2016 Ford S-Max : 2016 Ford S-Max Review – Sports Car Performance, MPV Versatility