Naza Kia has officially launched the all-new 2017 Kia Grand Carnival, after previewing the new model at the 2016 MAI Malaysia Autoshow.
The company is offering two variants of the Grand Carnival, both powered by a 2.2-litre CRDi turbodiesel that churns out 193 PS and 440 Nm that sends drive to the front wheels via a six-speed automatic transmission. An 80-litre fuel tank comes standard.
Stadard equipment for both variants include:
- 6 airbags
- ISOFIX child seat anchor points
The entry-level Kia Grand Carnival 2.2 CRDI KX receives these kit:
- Projector halogen headlights with LED DRLs
- Front fog lights
- LED rear tail lights
- Rear fog light
- All round tinted glass
- Power folding side mirrors with LED turn signal
- Shark fin type antenna
- Supervision cluster 3.5" TFT OLED dislay
- 4.3" infotainment system with rear view camera
- 6 speakers
- Manual air conditioning
- Fabric upholstery
- Second row seats with 40:20:40 split folding
- Third row seats with 50:50 split folding
- Rear air vents for second and third row seats
- Remote key
- Manual sliding door
- Gas-lift tailgate
- Active Eco Function
- Speed-sensing auto door lock
- Impact-sensing auto door unlock
- 18-inch Clear Silver alloy wheels
Moving one level up is the Kia Grand Carnival 2.2 CRDI EX, which adds these kit:
- Black high glossy type front radiator grille with white chrome
- Roof rack
- Tri-zone automatic air-conditioning with Cluster Ionizer
- Leather upholstery
- 8 way power adjustable front driver seat
- Smart key system with push start button
- Power sliding doors
- Smart Power tailgate operation
- 18-inch Machine Finish alloy wheels
Naza Kia says that the Kia Grand Carnival 2.2 CRDI KX will be priced at RM165,888, whilst the 2.2 CRDI EX will be priced at RM185,888. Both prices are on-the-road with insurance and GST. A 5-year warranty with unlimited mileage comes as standard. A total of three colours are available at launch, Snow White Pearl, Aurora Black Pearl and Titanium Brown The company is keen to push sales up by 25% with the introduction of several new models this year, including the Kia Grand Carnival.
At the moment, the 2017 Kia Grand Carnival is sold as CBU. In the near future, Naza Kia will CKD the model, which is currently in advanced stage of planning.
Earlier, Naza Kia previewed the base Grand Carnival 2.2D, which was priced at RM153,888. However, the said model has been effectively replaced by the Grand Carnival 2.2 CRDI KX and 2.2 CRDI EX.