Mazda’s latest variant of the MX-5, the MX-5 RF has officially landed in Malaysia.
The official importer and distributor of Mazda vehicles in Malaysia, Bermaz Motor is offering two variants of the retractable roof MX-5.
All two variants are powered by a 2.0-litre SkyActiv-G four-cylinder petrol engine that pumps out 158 hp and 200 Nm to the rear wheels. One is equipped with Mazda’s SkyActiv-Drive six-speed automatic, whilst the other is equipped with a SkyActiv-MT six-speed manual. Both transmissions send drive to the rear wheels.
Standard equipment includes:
- Power-folding retractable roof
- MZD Connect infotainment system with 7 inch display
- Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- Paddle Shifters (Auto only)
- Cruise Control
- Engine Push Start button
- Smart Keyless Entry system
- Leather upholstery
- Automatic air-conditioning
- LED headlights with auto on/off
- Automatic levelling for headlights
- Daytime running lights
- I-Stop Idling Stop System
- I-Eloop Regenerative Braking System
- ABS with EBD, DSC and TCS
- Four airbags
Prices start from RM242,717 for the stick shift Mazda MX-5 RF, whilst the automatic variant retails for RM248,182. Both prices are OTR with insurance.
Bermaz is pointing out that the MX-5 RF effectively replaces the MX-5 roadster, as Mazda is ceasing production of the MX-5 in roadster right-hand drive format.
Bermaz is backing its MX-5 with a 3 year/60,000 km free maintenance program plus a new 5 year/100,000 km manufacturer warranty.