Mercedes-Benz Malaysia officially introduced the newest member of the E-Class range – the E350e plug-in hybrid at the company’s plant in Pekan, Pahang.
Assembled where it was unveiled, the E350e is offered in three trim levels – E350e Exclusive, E350 AMG Line, and the limited Edition 60 model, priced as mentioned below:
- E350e Exclusive – RM392,888
- E350e AMG Line – RM395,888
- E350e Edition 60 – RM408,888
*Prices indicated are OTR without insurance
All three models are powered by the same powertrain package - the M274 turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine and an electric motor which produce a total of 286 PS and 550 Nm of maximum torque. Paired to the engine and the electric motor is the 9G-Tronic nine-speed automatic gearbox.
Capable of accelerating from standstill to 100 kmh in 6.2 seconds, the E350e can travel a maximum of 33 km and clock a top speed of 130 kmh in full electric mode.
Standard features across the line include:
- 6.2 kWh lithium-ion battery
- 3 power modes (Hybrid, Electric, Charge)
- 3 driving modes (Eco, Sport, Sport +)
- Air Body Control
- Pre-Entry Climate Control
- Multibeam LED headlights
- Three-zone climate control
- Keyless-Go system
- Powered front seats with 4-way lumbar support
- Active Parking Assist
- 360-degree camera
- Panoramic sunroof
- 64-colour ambient lighting
- Powered bootlid
- COMAND Online infotainment system
- 12.3-inch display
- Wireless charging
- 13-speaker Burmeister audio system
While the E350e Exclusive gets:
- 19-inch ten-spoke alloy wheels
- Brown Nappa leather upholstery
- Wooden interior trim
The sportier E350e AMG Line’s list of features includes:
- Sporty looking front and rear bumpers
- Blacked out front grille
- 19-inch split five-spoke alloy wheels
- Unique side-skirting
- Sports steering wheel
- Metal weave interior trim with Piano Black finishing
Last but not the least, the E350e Edition 60 (limited to only 60 units) which was designed exclusively for the Malaysian market in conjunction with the nation’s 60th year since independence, gets some pretty cool features like:
- 19-inch six-spoke alloy wheels
- Macchiato Beige and Saddle Brown Designo Nappa leather upholstery
- Nappa leather wrapped dashboard
- Designo Piano Black Trim
- ‘Edition 60’ pewter plaque by Royal Selangor
- Special exterior badging
- Gloss white key fob (First and only model in Malaysia to get it)
All models come with a four-year, unlimited-mileage warranty, and in case you’re wondering how much they would cost on a monthly basis, Mercedes-Benz Malaysia announced that its Agility Financing rates for the E350e stand at RM3,928 for the Exclusive variant, RM3,958 per month for the AMG Line and RM4,088 per month for the Edition 60 over a three-year period.
In line with the increasing number of PHEVs in its portfolio, Mercedes-Benz Malaysia also announced that it will be launching Mercedes-Benz Exclusive charging stations at prominent locations such as shopping malls in the near future to make charging more convenient for its customers.
On another note, our review on the E350e is coming your way very soon as we managed to give the car a go recently. So, watch this space to see what we think of the car.