Geely has opened bookings for its all-new C-segment sedan called the Binrui. The all-new model is expected to be launched in China later this month.
In the powertrain department, the upcoming Geely Binrui will feature two engines from Geely’s G-Power lineup of engines. The first is a 1.0-litre turbocharged direct-injection 3-cylinder petrol engine that does 134 hp and 205 Nm, hooked up to a Getrag-sourced 6-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT). The second engine is a 1.4-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder, good for 131 hp and 215 Nm. The second engine is mated to either a Punch-sourced CVT-type automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual.
Underpinning the all-new Geely Binrui is the company’s latest BMA platform. Length of the all-new Binrui comes in at 4,680 mm long, 1,785 mm wide, and 1,460 mm tall. Wheelbase of the new model is 2,670 mm, 30 mm shorter than rivals like the Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra, Mazda 3, and Toyota Corolla Altis.
Similar to some of its core rivals, the all-new Geely Binrui features front MacPherson struts and a rear torsion beam suspension.
Three variants will be available when the car is launched, namely the base manual, mid-spec automatic, and high-spec automatic.
Equipment wise, the all-new Geely Binrui is well equipped with these features found on the base model:
- Passive entry push start (PEPS)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- E-Call emergency service
- Passive cruise control
- Leather upholstery
- Reverse sensors
- Reverse camera with guide lines
- 7-inch colour TFT display meter cluster
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- AMap by Alibaba navigation system
- Voice control
- 4G connectivity and in-car Wi-Fi
Moving up to the mid-spec automatic, this variant adds:
- Power folding side mirrors
- One-touch automatic windows with anti-pinch
- 6-way power adjustable driver seat
- Built-in digital video recorder (DVR)
- Automatic air-conditioning
- Electric parking brake with Auto Hold
- LED headlights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
Last but not least is the range-topping automatic variant, which further adds:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (Intelligent Cruise Control)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian detection (AEB-P)
- Speed Limit Information System (SLIF)
- Intelligent High Beam Control (IHBC)
- Automatic air-conditioning with PM 2.5 air purifying system
- Qi Wireless charging
- Front seat heaters
- Curtain airbags
The all-new Geely Binrui is expected to be priced from CNY 90,800 (~RM 54,148) for the base manual variant, while the range-topping model is said to set buyers back for CNY 118,800 (~RM 70,843).