A rather splendid day of launches brings out not one but three SUVs on the trot. You may have already read the news about the all-new Kia Sorento and Sportage, but how about an offering the land of the Red Dragon.
Go Auto, Malaysia’s sole distributor of Haval cars has introduced its flavour of the urban crossover with the introduction of the H2. Now if you aren’t too familiar with the brand, the H2 is actually the second model after Haval M4 which was first introduced in late 2014.
Three variants of the H2 are available at the outset:
- Haval H2 STD (MT): RM86,776 (Inclusive GST, excluding registration and insurance)
- Haval H2 Comfort (AT): RM95,527,776 (Inclusive GST, excluding registration and insurance)
- Haval H2 Premium (AT): RM98,445 (Inclusive GST, excluding registration and insurance)
Power comes courtesy of a 1.5-litre turbocharged engine which outputs a rather wholesome 147bhp at 5600rpm and 210Nm of torque anywhere between 2200rpm and 4500rpm. The engine is tacked to either and six-speed manual or automatic gearbox.
The Haval H2 is supplemented by a MacPherson strut setup at the front and a multi-link setup at the rear; a 2560mm wheelbase in between puts it right alongside other Japanese C-Segment crossovers such as the Honda HR-V and Mazda CX-3.
The Standard variant offers the following equipment:
- Electronic power steering
- Electronic parking brake
- Leather steering wheel
- 3.5” TFT-screen trip computer
- Keyless entry
- Push button start
- Front and second row passenger sensors
- Reverse sensor
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Bluetooth hands-free call system, four speaker setup
- Front and rear fog lamps, Daylight Running Light (DRL)
The main differences between the Comfort and Premium variants lie only with the addition of dual-colour leather seats that also compliment the dual-tone colours of the exterior. The Premium variants have white or black roof colours that start around the A- and C-pillars.
Otherwise, both variants add on the following suit of equipment above the STD variant:
- Auto headlamps and wiper control
- Cargo curtain
- Steering wheel with Bluetooth, audio and cruise control
- Leather seats
- Six-way adjustable driver seat
- Electrical adjustable lumbar support for driver’s seat
- Rear centre armrest with storage case
- Reverse camera with reverse line guidance
- Six-speaker setup
- Powered wing mirrors, foldable
- Blind spot visual system
- Follow-Me-Home lighting
- Dual-Zone automatic air-conditioning
All Haval H2s come replete with a 5-year/150,000km (whichever comes first) warranty.