The all-new Lexus LS is now available in Malaysia, with prices starting from RM799,000. Bookings of Lexus’ flagship model were opened back in January.
For the Malaysian market, Lexus Malaysia is offering three variants of the all-new LS, namely the:
- LS 500 Luxury : RM799,000
- LS 500 Executive : RM999,000
- LS 500h Executive : RM1,459,000
Under the hood of the Lexus LS 500 is a 3.5-litre twin turbocharged V6 paired to a 10-speed automatic transmission. According to Lexus, the LS 500 is capable of 415 hp and 600 Nm.
As for the LS 500h, this model features a 3.5-litre V6 paired to the company’s Multi Stage Hybrid system that pushes system output to 354 hp.
Standard equipment includes:
- 12.3-inch infotainment display
- 24-inch colour heads-up display - the largest in its class
- Lexus Climate Concierge
- Automatic quad-zone air-conditioning
- Semi Aniline leather seats
- 12 airbags
- Lexus Safety System+ with Front Pre-Collision System (PCS), Lane Departure Alert (LDA), Vehicle Sway Warning Function
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
The more expensive LS 500 Executive variants further add:
- 23 speakers Mark Levinson surround sound system
- Dual 11.6-inch rear seat displays with controls built into the centre rear arm rest
- 22-way power adjustable Ottoman rear seats
- Rear massage seats
Apart from a hybrid powertrain, the LS 500h Executive shares the same specifications as the LS 500 Executive.
For those seeking to add more exclusivity to their car, the Lexus LS can be had with the optional Kiriko Glass package that adds hand-folded pleats and the signature handcrafted Kiriko glass to the door trim, giving the LS an even more upmarket appeal. That said, the Kiriko Glass is an eye-watering RM98,000 tickbox - enough to buy a Honda City. Because the Kiriko Glass and pleated fabric are handcrafted, Lexus can only accomodate to produce 60 units of Kiriko package-equipped LS per month globally.
Buyers of the all-new Lexus LS can choose between 11 exterior colours and 6 interior colours, depending on variant.
The all-new Lexus LS comes fully-imported from Lexus’ production facility in Tahara, Japan and is backed by Lexus Malaysia’s 5-year unlimited mileage warranty.