Ford Damansara; operated by Capital Intertrade Sdn Bhd, became the first Ford dealer in the country to hand over the all-new Mustang to its owner last Saturday at the facility in Damansara.
The grey 5.0-litre V8 Mustang, which was bought by a royalty who wants to remain anonymous, is actually the second of its kind to be delivered here in Malaysia, after the first unit was handed over by Sime Darby Autoconnexion itself at the brand’s headquarters in Petaling Jaya.
For those who didn’t know, this is the first time in more than 50 years, the Mustang is available officially in Malaysia. Offered with a choice of two exhilarating engines - a 5.0-litre V8 producing 416PS of power and 530Nm of torque, and a turbocharged 2.3-litre EcoBoost producing 317PS of power and 432Nm of torque, the car is priced at RM598,888 and RM488,888 respectively.
With eight airbags and Ford’s SYNC 2 connectivity system with 8-inch touchscreen, the new Mustang is not only smarter and safer than ever before, but also arguably the most technologically advanced.
Equipped with an array of smart and innovative technologies, the all-new Mustang is definitely smarter than your average pony. It features the award-winning Ford SYNC 2 in-car connectivity system, allowing drivers to use natural voice commands to control the car’s entertainment system, climate controls and connected mobile devices.
The Mustang is also big on safety, and comes equipped with an eight airbag configuration, including front, side, curtain and knee airbags.
Other key technology and safety features include:
- MyKey – a programme that promotes good driving habits, such as seat belt use, limiting vehicle’s top speed and decreasing audio volume
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) – in an emergency, EBD balances brake force between front and rear wheels, giving the driver greater control
- AdvanceTrac with Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) – adjusts to provide the driver with greater control in a range of road and weather conditions, in comfort, sport and normal modes
- SOS – Post-Crash Alert System
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Rear View Camera, with audible parking sensors
- Intelligent Access with Push Button Start
Ford Damansara is located at Sungai Penchala, Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Looking for a Ford? Find one now at Carlist.my