Jaguar Land Rover Malaysia today announce the launch of the Jaguar F-Pace powered by the new 2.0L Ingenium engine.
Available in 3 variants, the F-Pace 2.0L Ingenium line-up in Malaysia with their respective starting prices are:
- Prestige : RM425,800
- R-Sport (Mid-spec) : RM476,800
- R –Sport (Hi-spec) : RM498,800
Prices quoted are inclusive of GST but exclude road tax, registration and insurance.
The 2.0-litre is priced significantly lower than the F-Pace 3.0L supercharged V6 that debut in Malaysia which had a starting price from RM598,800.
All variants of the new entry-level F-Pace are powered by Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) group's award winning 2.0-litre 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine with a twin-scroll turbocharger, producing an outstanding 250 PS and 365 Nm of maximum torque from only 1,200 rpm.
Designed and engineered in-house by the JLR, the new engine range weighs some 80kg less than the company’s current four-cylinder offerings, thanks to the use of lightweight aluminium engine blocks, with each block sharing the same bore, stroke, cylinder spacing, and 500 cc cylinder capacity.
JLR also revealed its key technologies behind its reduced friction and improved performance, which include computer-controlled variable water and oil pumps, roller bearings on cam and balancer shafts, simplified cam drive system, electronically-controlled piston cooling jets, and crankshafts that are offset from the centre of the engine block.
Paired to the engine is an 8-speed automatic gearbox with Jaguar Sequential Shift, featuring the brand’s state-of-the-art pendulum damper technology which absorbs low frequency vibrations and enables the engine to run at lower speeds without compromising refinement.
This allows the F-Pace Ingenium to accelerate from 0-100kph in 6.8 seconds and all the way to an electronically-limited top speed of 217 km/h. Intelligent all-wheel drive and torque vectoring provide additional stability in the corners.
Key features of each variant are as follows:
- Xenon head lamps
- 20-inch wheels in silver finish with 255/50R20 tyres
- InControl Touch infotainment system with 8-inch touch screen
- Meridian Sound System with 11 speakers
- 5-inch multi information display
- 10-way power adjustable front seats
- JaguarDrive Control, including Dynamic mode
- Door sill plates with ‘Jaguar’ branding
R-Sport (Mid Spec):
- Adaptive LED head lamps
- R-Sport body styling including bumpers and side power vents
- Door sill plates with ‘R-Sport’ branding
- Perforated leather seats with contrast stitching
- R-Sport softgrain leather steering wheel with satin chrome gearshift paddles
- Sports-type front seats with 10-way power adjustment
- 20-inch wheels in ‘Grey and Diamond Turned’ design
- Surround Camera System
- Adaptive Cruise control with Queue Assist
- Panoramic glassroof
- InControl Touch Pro infotainment system with 10.2-inch touch screen
- 12.3-inch full digital meter panel with virtual dials
The Jaguar F-PACE has been named the winner of the 2017 World Car of the Year and the World Car Design of the Year Awards at the New York International Auto Show. It is also the fastest selling model that Jaguar has ever produced, and is only the second vehicle to claim the historic double in the 13-year history of the World Car Awards.
The new F-Pace 2.0L Ingenium was first previewed at their Art of Performance Tour event last month. Closest rivals are the Porsche Macan and Mercedes-Benz GLC 250 Coupe. The new BMW X4 and Audi Q5 have not arrived at our shores yet, while the Range Rover Evoque is a segment smaller.
All vehicles distributed by Jaguar Land Rover Malaysia come with ‘Jaguar Care’ programme which includes a five-year warranty, five years’ free service and three years’ roadside assistance.