Naza Kia Malaysia, the authorised distributor of Kia vehicles in Malaysia today finally launched the highly anticipated Stinger GT.
First revealed at the 2017 MAI Malaysia Autoshow, the Stinger GT, which is imported from Korea, will be offered in two variants:
- Kia Stinger 2.0L GT-Line – RM239,888 OTR without insurance
- Kia Stinger 3.3L V6 GT – RM309,888 OTR without insurance
While the Stinger 2.0L GT is powered by a 2.0-litre twin scroll turbo 4-cylinder Theta II T-GDi engine producing 255 PS and 353 Nm of torque, the Stinger 3.3L V6 GT comes with a 3.3-litre twin turbo V6 Lambda T-GDi engine which kicks out 370 PS and 510 Nm of maximum torque.
Both engines are paired to Kia’s own 8-speed automatic gearbox which sends all the power to the rear wheels. According to Kia, the Stinger 2.0L GT comes with Kia’s Centrifugal Pendulum Absorber (CPA) feature which helps reduce torsional vibrations through the drivetrain.
And then we have the Shift-By-Wire transmission control which is available on both models, allowing the driver to change between various driving modes. It can also be set to intuitively manage shifts on its own. As for the suspension and steering, there are 5 different modes to choose from.
Among the key features that made the Kia Stinger win praises in the handling department include a limited slip differential, dynamic torque vectoring control, adaptive suspension, and vehicle dynamics fine-tuning at the famed Nurburgring circuit.
Standard features on both variants include:
- Acoustic glass front windshield
- Black chrome door mirrors and fender vents
- Quad exhaust pipes
- Dual-vents on bonnet
- Electronically Controlled Suspension (ECS) with Drive Mode selection (Smart, Comfort, Sport, Sport +)
- Launch Control
- Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
- Dynamic Torque Vectoring Control
- 18-inch wheels with Continental ContiSport Contact 5 tyres, 225/45 R18
- Climate controlled (cooling and heating) front seats
- 8-way power adjustable driver and passenger seats with 4-way lumbar support
- Aluminium foot pedals
- Head-up Display (HUD)
- Around View with Driving Rear-View Monitors (DRM)
- 8-inch touchscreen audio display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- Harman Kardon 720-watt Quantum Logic Surround Sound with 15 speakers
- Wireless smartphone charger
- Blind Spot Collision Warning with Rear Cross-Traffic Warning
The Stinger 3.3 V6 GT adds these features:
- 19-inch Y-spoke wheels with staggered Continental ContiSport Contact 5 tyres (Front 225/40 R19, Rear 255/35 R19)
- Brembo performance braking system (front 4-piston calipers, 350mm ventilated disc; rear 2-piston calipers, 340mm ventilated disc)
- Variable steering gear ratio
- 16-way power adjustable driver’s seat with side bolster adjustments
- Nappa leather upholstery with GT Logo
- GT-exclusive flat-bottom steering
- Additional performance display – G-force readout, oil temperature, turbo boost and lap timer
Both variants of the new Kia Stinger are available in four colours – Hichroma Red, Deep Chroma Blue, Panthera Metal (Grey), and Aurora Black. The interior of the 3.3 V6 GT is only available in red, while the 2.0 GT-Line comes in a sporty black tone.
As for warranty coverage, the Kia Stinger comes with a five-year/unlimited mileage manufacturer’s warranty.
Dato’ Samson Anand George, Group CEO, Automotive Group, Naza Corporation Holdings Sdn Bhd, said, “The Kia Stinger is the culmination of years of passion and commitment fuelled by the brand’s bold and adventurous spirit to amalgamate nimble performance and unyielding style,”
“To meet customer demands, we are introducing two variants of the Kia Stinger, the 3.3-litre V6 GT and the 2.0-litre GT-Line, both sport sedans that exude disarming confidence, elegance, and athleticism,” Dato' Samson concluded.