Alongside the all-new Toyota Camry, UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd has previewed the new Vios, which is slated to go on sale in the first quarter of 2019. Bookings are opened as well, for those interested to get this new model.
While the exterior of the Vios is mostly new, it is actually built on the previous generation model's platform. In terms of dimensions, the new Vios is 5 mm longer (4,415 mm) and 30 mm wider (1,730 mm) than the outgoing model, while maintaining the same height (1,475 mm) and wheelbase (2,550 mm).
Under the hood lies the same familiar 1.5-litre Dual VVT-i four-cylinder petrol engine as the outgoing model, outputting 107 PS and 140 Nm. This engine is mated to a CVT-type automatic that sends power to the front wheels. A drive mode switch that allows drivers to select Sport or Eco mode is fitted as standard.
Standard equipment of the new Vios includes (J variant, estimated price from RM 77,200):
- LED DRLs
- Automatic air-conditioning with digital display
- Eco, Sport or Normal drive modes
- Headlights with follow-me-home function
- 15-inch wheels with 185/60 R15 tyres
- 7 airbags
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
For an estimated RM4,000 more, the mid-spec Vios E adds (estimated price from RM 81,200):
- LED tail lamps with light-guide
- Front fog lamps
- Acoustic glass front windshield
- Auto-fold side mirrors
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- 6.8-inch touchscreen display audio with USB mirroring
- Panoramic View Monitor (PVM)
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
As for the range-topping Vios G, this variant with an estimated price of RM 87,300 adds this equipment:
- Projector-type head lamps
- 16-inch wheels with 195/50 R16 tyres
- Leather seat upholstery
- Optitron meters with 4.2-inch colour Multi-Information Display (MID)
- Paddle shifters
- Electrochromic rear view mirror
Five colours will be made available, which includes Dark Blue Metallic, Red Mica Metallic, Attitude Black, Silver Metallic, and Super White II.
In addition to the regular Vios, UMW Toyota Motor also showcased the Toyota Gazoo Racing (TGR) version of the new Vios.