Petronas Introduces New Petronas Syntium with °CoolTech™ Motor OilsAuto News
Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) today officially unveiled the new Petronas Syntium with °CoolTech™ range of motor oils, specifically engineered to combat excessive engine heat in passenger cars.
Present at the introduction of the new motor oils was Encik Amir Hamzah Azizan, vice president, Lubricants Business of Petronas, and group managing director and CEO of Petronas Lubricants International; Tan Sri Dato’ Shamsul Azhar Abbas, president and CEO of Petronas; Datuk Wan Zulkiflee Wan Arrifin, chairman of Petronas Lubricants International, and executive vice president of Downstream Business, Petronas; and driver for the Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team, Nico Rosberg.
Petronas Syntium with °CoolTech™ will be available in three specifications that will be phased into the market, beginning with selected Petronas stations and Petronas LubeXperts workshops, and will be available nationwide from May 2015 onwards. The range includes:
- Petronas Syntium with °CoolTech™ 7000 (Full synthetic, 0W-40)
- Petronas Syntium with °CoolTech™ 3000 (Full synthetic, 5W-40)
- Petronas Syntium with °CoolTech™ 800 (Synthetic blend, 10W-40)
With modern-day driving conditions mainly involving traffic congestions, driving up steep inclines, and acceleration on highways, most drivers are unaware of the excessive engine heat residing inside the engine, which isn’t visible on the dashboard engine temperature gauge. Prolonged, it can damage critical components of the engine and affect driving performance.
The new Petronas Syntium with °CoolTech™ is aimed at providing excellent heat dissipation and with it, comes three key benefits:
- Prevents engine failure by protecting engine components from harmful wear and tear under high temperature
- Delays oil thickening which results from the oil oxidising at high temperatures to ensure continued lubrication of engine parts
- Maintains top engine performance by preventing harmful deposit build-up caused by excessive engine heat under harsh driving conditions
Meeting the international standards of the American Petroleum Institute (API), International Lubricants Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC) and European Automobile Manufacturer’s Association (ACEA), the lubricant draws upon the 20 years of technical experience Petronas has obtained from Formula One, including six seasons with the Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team that dominated the 2014 race season.