Sime Darby Auto Performance (SDAP), the official importer and distributor of Porsche models in Malaysia has unveiled the 718 SportDesign, the second SportDesign series model after the Macan SportDesign.
Limited to just 15 units, five each for three available colours - Racing Yellow, Guards Red, and Carrera White Metallic – only 10 units are left as five were already sold as of today.
Key highlights of the new 718 Cayman SportDesign Series include:
- LED headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
- Redesigned front and rear skirts
- Black accents on the door handles
- Sports Exhaust with black muffler tips
- 20-inch alloy wheels in either Carrera S or Carrera Sport design
- SportDesign carbon livery
- Black leather interior package
- Carbon interior package
- GT sport steering wheel
- 14-way power seats with memory
- Bose surround sound system with 10 loudspeakers
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Sports Chrono Package
To recap, the Porsche 718 Cayman SportDesign is based on the regular 718 Cayman, featuring a 2.0-litre turbocharged flat-four that churns out 300 hp and 380 Nm. Just like the regular 718 Cayman, a seven-speed PDK is fitted as standard, which sends power to the rear wheels.
“The 718 Cayman SportDesign Series is aimed particularly at drivers who appreciate a vehicle that is suitable for everyday use but do not want to sacrifice sportiness,” said Christopher Hunter, Chief Executive Officer of SDAP.
Priced from RM625,000, the Porsche 718 Cayman SportDesign can now be viewed at all Porsche Centres across the nation. The Porsche 718 Cayman SportDesign is backed by SDAP’s 4-year warranty programme and a 4-year free service and maintenance package.