New and existing Proton customers can now enjoy additional benefits of coverage for less when they insure their cars under the Proton Insurance Programme (PIP); customers may purchase these insurance plans at all authorised Proton outlets
Proton has teamed up with six panel insurers, namely Allianz General Insurance Company (M) Sdn Bhd, Liberty Insurance Berhad, AmGeneral Insurance Berhad, Zurich General Insurance Malaysia Berhad, Etiqa General Takaful Berhad, and Zurich General Takaful Malaysia Berhad.
The additional benefits for customers who purchase the Proton Insurance Programme include:
- Key Care Cover: In the event of loss or damage due to an actual or attempted theft, robbery or house break-in, customers enjoy free key replacement up to a sum of RM1,000.
- Flood Relief Allowance: In the event of damage due to flooding, flash floods, overflowing of waterways, drains, rivers or mud slides, customers can claim an allowance of up to RM1,000.
- All Driver Coverage: Coverage for all drivers where no compulsory excess is applicable except where the authorised driver at the time of the accident is 21 and below or holds a provisional or learner driver’s license.
- Insured/Policyholder Personal Accident Coverage: Personal accident coverage of up to RM15,000 applicable for private car registrations.
- Waiver of Betterment Costs: For vehicles up to 10-years old and subject to the said vehicle being repaired at any authorised Proton Body & Paint (B&P) outlets. Betterment costs refer to additional cost incurred when the car is repaired with new parts (since new parts contribute to the better overall condition of the vehicle).
- Agreed Value Coverage: In the event of a total loss or theft, customers will enjoy full reimbursement of the sum amount insured (and not the market value) for the first 12 years of their vehicle’s life.
There are additional policy costs for the benefits of the PIP cover but at lower prices than if purchased directly from the insurer or third-party sellers.