Shell Malaysia today announced the availability of its Shell 'FuelSave' Diesel Euro 5 fuel at eight retail stations along the west coast of Sabah.
Shell Euro 5 diesel, formulated with ‘Active Efficiency’ Ingredients, is a cleaner diesel fuel that ignites and burns more effectively thus improving engine efficiency and delivering better mileage. Shell Euro 5 diesel also contains special detergents that helps protect against the build-up of injector deposits, amongst others.
Euro 5 standard diesel contains very low sulphur content, of only 10 parts per million (ppm) of sulphur compared with 500 ppm of sulphur in Euro2M standard diesel, making it better suited with modern diesel engines running on high-pressure direct injection systems.
The eight retails stations offering Shell Euro 5 diesel in Sabah currently are:
- Golden Hill Enterprise, Kota Kinabalu
- KNY Express, Inanam
- Mega Gas Station, Menggatal
- SMS Kg Likas (Sabah) SB, Likas
- Stesen Maju Jaya, Keningau
- Stesen Minyak Hj Tengah B. Bagol Dan Anak, Sipitang
- Stesen Minyak Shell Maju, Penampang
- Yun Cheong Shell SVC Station, Tanjung Aru
Another eight Shell retail stations will begin offering Shell Euro 5 diesel in stages, in the near future:
- Bundusan Service Station, Bundusan
- Kivatusin Station, Penampang
- L.A. Taipan, Inanam
- Mutiara Klasik, Kota Kinabalu
- One Station, Tuaran
- Stesen Minyak Wawasan, Kota Kinabalu
- Syarikat Kotobu Sdn Bhd, Putatan
- Tamajaya, Lok Kawi
Shell first introduced its Euro 5 diesel fuel at the tail end of 2015 in Peninsular Malaysia, and as of June last year, Shell claimed that over 3000 vehicles fuel up with Shell Euro 5 diesel fuel every day, by the looks of it, that number is set to grow.