If Detroit is synonymous with Motor City, then it is a matter of time before Sime Darby becomes synonymous with Auto City. The largest automotive complex in Southeast Asia, spanning 8.6 acres with an overall built-up area of 1.3 million square feet, it is an imposing presence in the township of Ara Damansara.
Nine flagship brands are represented at Sime Darby Auto City, namely BMW, Ford, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover, MINI, BMW Motorrad, Porsche, and Volvo. It boasts a capacity for 200 service bays, 700 customer parking lots, EV charging bays, and the capacity to display 180 vehicles. A playground for men (or women) in other words.
However, here are six facts that make Sime Darby Auto City all that more impressive:
- Vehicle Tracking Management System - utilises a camera-based parking guide and signage for a higher level of security and convenience for customers. Internally, this facility will also communicate the status of each vehicle in real-time. This basically means it will be easier to locate your car and there won't be time wasted once your car is ready for collection.
- Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) - Given the pandemic and its associated risks, as part of a contactless self-check-in system, the ANPR enables customers’ appointment data to be accessed, upon arrival. Concurrently, a service advisor will be alerted and automatically assigned to you, for a more seamless experience.
- Contactless Self Check-In - Using a QR code, customers can check-in and be placed in a queue immediately negating the need to be attended by a service advisor.
- Mobile Application - Your sales representative will have access to all your relevant details in order to better serve you. Your sales representatives will be able to populate, print forms wirelessly which all means your waiting time is further reduced.
- Expertise - There are 60 Auto Bavaria technicians for BMW, MINI, and Motorrad with over 110 certified technicians. Among them are technicians that hold the highest level of certification by the principal brands, including the Zertifizierter Porsche Techniker Gold Certification which is streamlined for Porsche technicians worldwide. Brands like Ford, Hyundai, Jaguar, and Land Rover also have certifications with the highest being trained as Master Technicians. More expertise, faster turnaround for your vehicles, less waiting time.
- Sustainability - Sime Darby Auto City is Green Building Certified (GBI), built with sustainability in mind and cultivates a paperless culture.
In conjunction with the launch of Sime Darby Auto City, Sime Darby Motors would also like to present a short movie, "Hi, Serene" - a story about feeling lost and stuck and finding yourself once more. Check out the teaser here and Episode 1 here.