Toyota And Honda Win Big At The ASEAN NCAP Grand Prix 2018 AwardsAuto News
The New Car Assessment Program for Southeast Asian Countries (ASEAN NCAP) concluded its third bi-annual ASEAN NCAP Grand Prix 2018 awards ceremony in West Java, Indonesia yesterday, where Toyota and Honda won four and two awards respectively.
The star of the night was Toyota, which bagged four awards at the ceremony which are as follows:
- ASEAN NCAP Excellence Award for the Most 5-star Brand (2017-2018)
- ASEAN NCAP Excellence Award- Continuous Safety Improvement (Vios and Rush)
- Best Adult Occupant Protection Award (C-HR)
Toyota also happened to receive the highest number of 5-star vehicle safety rating in evaluations conducted by the ASEAN NCAP in 2017-2018.
With the addition of new and enhanced safety features, both the Vios and the Rush have been able to receive 5-star ratings from ASEAN NCAP in the year 2017 and 2018, respectively.
The C-HR on the other hand, was presented with the Best Adult Occupant Protection Award as it sustained the least damage during frontal and side crash tests.
Meanwhile, Honda bagged two awards at the ceremony:
- Best SUV for Child Occupant Protection (CR-V)
- ASEAN NCAP Excellent Award - Consistent 5 Star (CR-V)
The 5th generation Honda CR-V, which was awarded a 5-star ASEAN NCAP safety rating, was selected as the safest car in the SUV car category in Child Occupant Protection (COP).
Having sold more than 70,000 units across the region, the 5th generation CR-V has also received several prestigious awards in ASEAN countries, including:
- Carlist.my’s Car of the Year 2017
- Thailand Car of the Year 2017
- CAGI’s Philippines Car of the Year 2017
- FORWOT’s Car of the Year Indonesia 2017