UMW Toyota Motor has introduced the updated Toyota Avanza, four months after the model's introduction in Indonesia.
As before, the Toyota Avanza is imported from Astra Daihatsu Motor's plant in Kerawang, Indonesia. Three variants are available at launch:
- Avanza 1.5E – RM 80,888
- Avanza 1.5S – RM 83,888
- Avanza 1.5S+ - RM 87,888
Common across the updated Avanza range is the 1.5-litre 2NR-VE four-cylinder petrol engine that outputs 105 PS and 136 Nm, sent to the rear wheels via a four-speed automatic. The same engine also powers the Toyota Rush and Perodua Myvi.
Toyota engineers have added sound-dampening material to various parts of the new Avanza to reduce engine noise. They have also added damping urethane materials to the transmission tunnel and rear deck to reduce transmission and differential gear noises.
Standard equipment on the updated Avanza range include:
- Bi-LED headlights
- Front fog lights
- Shark fin antenna
- Rear spoiler with integrated LED third brake light
- Intermittent front and rear wipers
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Digital air-conditioning
- Dual USB charging ports
- ABS + EBD
- Dual SRS airbags
More expensive variants of the Avanza (1.5S & 1.5S+) further adds these equipment:
- Power adjustable and power folding side mirrors
- 15-inch dual-tone alloy wheels
- 6.75-inch touchscreen head unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (1.5S+ only)
- Sporty meter cluster
- Steering wheel with audio controls
- Sunglasses holder
- Blind Spot Monitoring + Rear Cross Traffic Alert (1.5S+ 0nly)
- Reverse camera + front DVR (1.5 S+ only)
Optional accessories for the updated Avanza range (depending on variant) include a rear DVR, roof-mounted monitor, DVD-AVX audio system with reverse camera, and Toyota Premium Security & Solar Tint.
Four exterior colours are available – Dark Red Mica Metallic, Silver Mica Metallic, Black Metallic, and White.
Looking for a new Toyota? Find the best deals here.