Fresh from its recent preview at the 2019 Malaysia Autoshow, UMW Toyota Motor has launched the Toyota Yaris with prices starting from RM70,888 for the 1.5J, RM76,888 for the 1.5E, and RM83,888 for the 1.5G.
Compared to the Honda Jazz, the Yaris expresses a much more youthful image. It also boasts better equipment levels – not something that you will normally say about a Toyota. But of course, the Jazz also comes with a hybrid variant, and has a more practical (Ultra Seats) interior.
All variants of the Yaris are adequately equipped with the necessary active and passive safety features. Seven airbags, electronic stability and traction control, and hill start assist are standard. As such, it scores a 5-Star ASEAN NCAP rating for both adult and child occupant safety.
Compared to the Thailand market 1.2-litre (3NR-FE) Yaris, our local specifications Yaris comes with a larger 1.5-litre 2NR-FE naturally aspirated petrol engine (107 PS/140 Nm) that’s shared with the Vios. However, the Malaysian market Yaris loses out on LED headlamps and synthetic leather upholstery, which the smaller engine capacity Thai Yaris has.
Power is sent to the front wheels through a CVT-type automatic transmission.
The highlights of each variant are as follows:
Yaris 1.5J (RM70,888)
- 15-inch alloy wheels with 185/60 R15 tyres
- Halogen reflector headlights
- Bulb-type tail lights
- LED daytime running lights
- Keyless entry and push start button
- Power-adjustable side mirrors
- Shark fin antenna
- Rear fog lamps
- Fabric upholstery
- 4 speaker sound system
- 60:40 split folding rear seats
- Fabric centre console box
- Illuminated scuff plates
- Blue front footwell illumination
- 7 airbags
- ABS with EBD and Brake Assist
- Vehicle Stability Control with Traction Control
- Hill-Start Assist Control
- Speed-sensing door locks
Yaris 1.5E (RM76,888)
- 16-inch alloy wheels with 195/50 R16 tyres
- Halogen projector headlights
- LED tail lights
- Acoustic windshield
- Front fog lights
- Auto folding and power-adjustable side mirrors with turn signals
- Multi-info display
- Drive mode switch
- Steering audio control
- 6.8-inch touchscreen head unit
- Panoramic View Monitor (PVM)
- Toyota Premium Security & Solar Tint Film
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Front Digital Video Recorder (DVR)
Yaris 1.5G (RM83,888)
- Unique front grille with colour plating
- Optitron meter cluster
- 4.2-inch colour MID
- Leather steering wheel with MID controls
- Leather shift knob
- 6 speakers
- Auto air-conditioning
- Rear disc brakes
Similar to the all-new Vios, the all-new Yaris can also be had with an optional aerokit that consists of skirtings around the car. A rear spoiler is included as part of the aerokit, but only available on the 1.5E and 1.5G. There's also an optional rear-mounted digital video recorder (RM350).
The Yaris comes with a 5-year unlimited mileage warranty.
Find the best deals for the all-new Toyota Yaris here.