Sime Darby Auto Connexion, the authorized distributor of Ford vehicles in Malaysia today announced the introduction of the updated Ford Everest SUV, featuring new cosmetic features, new technology, as well as new powertrain options.
Powered by the new Panther 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine paired to a 10-speed automatic gearbox, the Everest will be available in two variants, with a 3-year/ 100,000 km manufacturer’s warranty:
- Everest 2.0L Trend AWD 10 AT – RM228,888.00
- Everest 2.0L Bi-turbo Titanium AWD 10 AT – RM258,888.00
While the Trend variant’s engine comes with a single turbocharger producing 180 PS and 420 Nm, the Titanium variant’s engine features a bi-turbo setup, which churns out 213 PS and 500 Nm. Both variants come with a 4WD system and Ford’s Terrain Management System as standard.
Offered in four colours - Diffused Silver, Sunset, Meteor Grey, and Shadow Black - the Everest comes with a ground clearance of 225 mm which enables it to wade water up to 800 mm deep.
The new powertrain packages replace the outgoing 2.2-litre Duratorq engine which produced 160 PS and 385 Nm, as well as the 3.2-litre engine which was kicking out 200 PS and 470 Nm of torque. Both were paired to a 6-speed automatic transmission.
Standard features include:
- Redesigned front grille
- Hands-free power lift gate
- SYNC 3 infotainment system with improved voice recognition
- Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, 10 Speakers
- 10-inch full colour touch-screen
- Dual four-inch TFT instrument cluster displays
- Keyless entry and ignition
- 18-inch wheels
- Xenon headlamps with LED DRLs
- LED taillights
- Automatic wipers
- Dual-zone climate control system
- Leather interior upholstery
- Cruise Control with Adjustable Speed Limiter
- Multi-intelligent Instrument Cluster
- Electronic Stability Control
- 7 airbags
- ESC with traction control
- Roll stability Control
The Titanium variant on the other hand, gets extras like:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Chrome door handles
- Chrome wing mirrors
- Panoramic sunroof
- Ambient lighting
- Automatic powered windows all around
- 8-way powered front seats
- Power-folding third row seats
- Front and rear parking sensors
“The new Everest further raises the bar in the SUV segment and will build on its widening appeal in the market,” said Truong Kim Phong, Managing Director, Asia Pacific Emerging Markets, Ford Motor Company.