Toyota’s most important product for the brand as well as well for dealers, the Vios, has been formally introduced. First unveiled at KLIMS 2018, the pricing for the compact sedan remains as indicated during the motor show.
The popular compact sedan comes in three variants, all CVT-automatics, priced at:
- Vios 1.5J: RM77,200
- Vios 1.5E: RM81,200
- Vios 1.5G: RM87,300
All prices are On-The-Road, without insurance, Peninsula Malaysia
The all-new Vios continues to feature the fuel-efficient 2NR-FE Dual VVTi engine paired with a CVT-type automatic. The powertrain was first introduced to Malaysia in 2016.
There are no changes to the output of the 1.5-litre engine, which continues to develop 107 PS at 6,000 rpm and 140 Nm of torque at 4,200 rpm.
Toyota has, however, recalibrated the control systems of the powertrain for much improved low-speed acceleration and throttle response.
In the all-new Toyota Vios, the driver can also change the powertrain response through the drive mode selector- Eco, Sport or Normal modes.
Dimensionally, the all-new Vios maintains the same overall length, width, wheelbase, and height as the predecessor model. Much of the improvements have been done to create a quieter cabin and better riding comfort.
Toyota engineers have increased interior quietness by installing more sound insulation around the engine compartment. A sound insulator is mounted inside the engine cover while a 3-point engine mount system reduces vibration levels during idling.
Insulation around the cabin now covers a wider area to keep out external noises and expansion foam is inserted in cavities to suppress vibration noise. Sponges are also used in the seals for more effective sealing. The existing Acoustic Windshield and Front Side Vibration Control Glass are now extended to the Vios 1.5E as well.
These measures, together with a more rigid bodyshell, can be felt almost immediately as many of us have experienced during the media test drive. Click here to read more about how the new Vios impressed all.
The all-new Vios is built at the company’s latest assembly plant in Bukit Raja, Klang, Selangor.
Standard equipment of the new Vios includes (J variant, priced from RM 77,200):
- Integrated LED DRLs
- Auto on/off headlights with follow-me-home function
- 15-inch rims with 185/60 R15 tyres
- Smart keyless entry and push start button
- Automatic air-conditioning with digital display
- Eco, Sport or Normal drive modes
- 7-speed manual-mode
- Fabric upholstery
- Two USB charging ports for rear passengers
- Illuminated front and rear door sill decorative plates
- 7 airbags, including a driver knee airbag
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
For RM4,000 more, the mid-spec Vios E adds (priced from RM 81,200):
- LED tail lamps with light-guide
- Front fog lamps
- Acoustic glass front windshield
- Auto-fold side mirrors with turn signals
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- 6.8-inch touchscreen display audio with USB mirroring (4-speakers)
- Audio switches on the steering wheel
- 60:40 split-folding rear seats
- Panoramic View Monitor (PVM)
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
As for the range-topping Vios G, this variant is priced from RM 87,300 and adds this equipment:
- Projector-type head lamps
- 16-inch rims with 195/50 R16 tyres
- Rear disc brakes
- Bright-chrome door handles
- Front parking sensors
- Leather upholstery
- Optitron meters with 4.2-inch colour Multi-Information Display (MID)
- Paddle shifters
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Audio system with 6 speakers
Five colours will be made available, which includes Dark Blue Metallic, Red Mica Metallic, Attitude Black, Silver Metallic, and Super White II.
Genuine accessories meanwhile are a 5-piece bodykit package priced at RM2,800, rear-facing driving video recorder (DVR) at RM350, and an infotainment upgrade for the J-variant priced at RM2,150.
ASEAN NCAP has awarded the all-new Vios with a 5-star safety rating when the institute performed the assessment back in November 2017.
All new Toyota Vios comes with 5-year, unlimited mileage warranty, that is transferable to the next owner shall all terms and conditions be met.
Read more about our experience on the all-new Toyota Vios 1.5G here.