Alongside the Ranger Raptor, SDAC also unveiled the facelifted Mustang at this year's Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show (KLIMS 2018) featuring updated styling, a new gearbox, and new driver assistance features. The company confirmed that the car will be launched in Malaysia next year.
Upon launching, the facelifted Mustang will be offered in two variants here:
- Mustang GT 2.3L Ecoboost Automatic Fastback
- Mustang GT 5.0L Automatic Fastback
Both variants will retain their current engines (2.3-litre turbo / 5.0-litre V8), but will receive Ford’s new 10-speed automatic gearbox with paddle shifters.
Thanks to the new gearbox, output figures now stand at 310 PS and 447 Nm for the Mustang 2.3L, and at 460 PS and 556 Nm for the 5.0L V8 respectively.
New exterior features include a tweaked front end which comprises a redesigned hood, headlights, bumper, as well as fog lamps. The taillights and rear bumper have also been redesigned.
Key features which will be available on both variants include:
- Automatic LED headlamps with auto-levelling
- 5 driving modes – Normal, Sport+, Track, Drag Strip, Snow/Wet
- LED fog lamps
- Power adjustable, foldable, heated, side mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Pony projection lights
- Quad exhaust tips
- Customisable 12” digital instrument cluster with MyMode
- 8-inch capacitive touch screen
- Sync 3 infotainment system with AppLink and enhanced voice control
- 8 airbags
- Pre-collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection (AEB)
- Passive Anti-Theft Immobiliser
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
The only additional feature which the Mustang 5.0L V8 receives on top of all the above is the Active Exhaust Valve with 4 selectable modes – Normal, Quiet, Track, and Sport, tailoring the exhaust note for different occasions.
On another note, SDAC is offering exclusive promotions for its vehicles at the Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show 2018, where:
- Visitors who book the new Ranger and Mustang will stand a chance to grab cash vouchers in the Bi-turbo wind tunnel machine.
- Customers who purchase any new Ford Ranger variant will also be in the running to win a Ranger Raptor under the ‘Buy A New Ford Ranger, Win A Ranger Raptor' Contest.
- The first 888 customers who register their new Ford Ranger will each receive an electrical goods voucher worth RM1,000.
- Up to 2 years free maintenance or up to 40,000 km for customers who successfully register the New Ranger including the New Ranger Raptor before 31 January 2019, whichever comes first.