Volkswagen Golf R-Line Mk 7.5 Launched In Malaysia, From RM166,990Auto News
Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia (VPCM) has completed their updated Golf lineup (loosely referred to as the Golf Mk 7.5) with the introduction of the new Golf R-Line. The rest of the models, including the 290 PS Golf R and 230 PS Golf GTI, were introduced just over a month ago.
Based on a facelifted regular 1.4-litre turbocharged Golf TSI, the new Golf R-Line is distinguished by its R-Line styling package. It replaces the entry Golf Sportline's (from RM 155,990) front and rear bumper with R-Line units, has a more pronounced rear spoiler, R-Line emblems, and 17-inch Singapore alloy wheels. LED headlights with Dynamic Cornering Lights complete the exterior of the new Golf R-Line.
Under the bonnet, the sportier-looking Golf R-Line receives the same 1.4-litre TSI unit as the regular Golf Sportline, good for 150 PS and 250 Nm between 1,500 to 3,500 rpm. All that power is sent to the front wheels via a 7-speed dry clutch DSG, enabling the Golf R-Line to complete the century sprint in 8.2 seconds, identical to the Golf Sportline.
The cabin of the new Golf R-Line features a large 12.3-inch Active Info Display and an 8-inch Composite Media infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support. Other interior equipment includes:
- Brushed Dark Metal inserts for passenger side dashboard and door trim
- Kessy keyless entry with push start button
- Polar Night Black inserts on driver side dashboard and centre console
- Zoom fabric upholstery (Vienna leather upholstery to come later)
- Aluminium sport pedals
- Rear air vents
As for the safety equipment, the Golf R-Line comes with a comprehensive list of equipment, including:
- 7 airbags including a driver knee airbags
- ABS with EBD and Brake Assist
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking System (APCBS)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Extended Differential Lock (XDS)
- Hill Hold Control (HHC)
- Intelligent Crash Response System ICRS)
- Tyre Pressure Loss Indicator (TPLI)
- ISOFIX child seat anchor points
Last month during the new Golf Mk 7.5's launch, the Golf R-Line was expected to carry a price tag of RM169,990. The price has since been slashed by RM3,000 as the Vienna leather seat has been dropped. Fret not, as the Vienna leather seat option will be available later on.
Six body colours are available, namely Turmeric Yellow, Atlantic Blue, Pure White, Deep Black, White Silver, and Indium Grey.