Carlist.my Help Center
Getting started in 3 easy steps :
- Click on Register
- Fill in your Name, Email, Mobile Number and Password
- Proceed to click on Register
You may also register with a Facebook or Google+ account.
If you represent a company or are a sales agent, you will have to submit a copy of your business card with the business registration number (BRN) indicated and Identity Card.
Upon receipt of your documents, we will start the verification process within one working day, accompanied by a notification to your registered e-mail.
Follow these steps to reset your password:
- Click on the Sign In tab
- Click on Forgot Password
- Enter the registered Username or Email Address with Carlist.my
- Choose to receive your password via email or SMS
- Sign In with the temporary password and proceed to change your password
Unfortunately, once the username has been registered, we are unable to change it.
Drop us an e-mail at email@example.com , indicating your request for the change along with your updated e-mail address, and we will take care of the rest.
Do note that any changes will take at least one working day to take effect.
Carlist.my offers three different types of membership (free):
|Personal||For an individual looking to buy or sell a car. This account type only allows one ad to be posted at any one time.|
|Sales Agent||For a sales agent/broker working for a dealer. This account type allows an unlimited number of ads to be posted.|
|Company||For a dealership advertising its inventory. This account type allows an unlimited number of ads to be posted.|
To change your account type, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your request to 03 2776 6010.
To change your account type, the following are the documents needed:
For Sales Agent:
- A copy of your NRIC (both front and back); and
- A copy of your business name card with the business registration number (BRN) indicated
For Dealership / Company / Corporate:
- A copy of your business card with the business registration number (BRN) indicated
Do note that upon receipt, your request will be processed within one working day.
Send us an e-mail to email@example.com informing us of your request to deactivate/delete your account, and we will begin processing your request within one working day.
Buying A Car
Start searching for a car by using the search box on the homepage. Just select the criteria of the car you have in mind and click the ‘Search' button to begin your car buying process.
You may also click on ‘Advanced Search' located below the ‘Search' button to narrow down the search results to find your ideal car.
You can contact the seller by clicking on the yellow ‘Contact Seller’ button on the ad in the Search Results. The yellow ‘Contact Seller’ button can also be found in the Car Details page under Seller Information.
Once you have made an appointment with the seller, you can request to view and test drive the car.
Now you can also chat with sellers provided they have chat enabled. Chat feature will connect you with sellers directly and it is as easy and convenient as you want.
Upon clicking on Contact Seller, you will see an option to chat with Seller, click on that button as below:
Chat enables you to share your location with seller, send images and chat with the Seller.
You can chat with sellers on our web portal and our Carlist.my app (Available on Android and iOS).
For new car purchases, the car dealer usually manages and prepares the documentation, processing all the paperwork on your behalf.
For used cars, car owners are by regulation required to send their car to PUSPAKOM for a full inspection prior to selling it.
Once the car has been approved by PUSPAKOM, the buyer will have to be present at the bank with the car registration document to apply for the loan.
Prepare the necessary forms for the transfer of vehicle ownership. You can download the forms from the JPJ website. The forms you will need are the following: JPJK3, TM-1, TM-AB (and a photocopy of the buyer and seller's ICs).
Go to JPJ and submit all the forms together with the original car registration card and a copy of the new buyer’s insurance cover note.
There is a processing time period for the completion of the transfer of name ownership before you will be able to collect the name-transferred car registration card.
Some car dealers may accept trade-ins with a new purchase from their dealerships. You should explore this option with your dealer to offset against the price of your desired car.
Car Loan (Hire Purchase)
Everyone is eligible to apply for a car loan as long as all the conditions below are fulfilled:
- You are above 21 years of age at the point of application;
- You possess a valid identification document (NRIC or Passport); and
- You are able to prove a minimum 3 months of income
Note: Applicants do not need to have a driving license to apply for a hire purchase loan.
A 10% deposit is commonly required unless you are employed with the government sector or are an undergraduate.
The approved loan amount may be as high as up to 90%, subjected to the bank's approval.
Interest rates may vary depending on loan conditions such as the loan tenure, the loan amount, and other conditions that may fall under the bank's consideration and regulations.
Documents required for the application of a hire purchase loan are the following:
- A copy of valid identification (NRIC: front & back or Passport);
- A copy of driver's license front & back (should you be the owner of the vehicle); and
- A copy of proof of a minimum of three months of income
- A copy of valid identification (NRIC: front & back or Passport);
- A copy of driver's license front & back;
- A copy of proof of income; and
- A copy of business registration (BR)
Guarantor (if applicable)
- A copy of valid identification (NRIC: front & back or passport); and
- A copy of proof of a minimum of three months of income
Note: Additional documents for identification or proof of income may be required by the bank should the documents submitted be deemed insufficient by the bank.
If the applicant is blacklisted by any financial institution, it is advisable to check with the financial institution on the procedures for applying for a loan.
Disclaimer: All information provided on Carlist.my is accurate at the time of publishing and may differ depending on the financial institution.
Selling A Car
You can post an ad either as a Private Seller or a Dealer.
Posting an Ad as a Private Seller:
- Sign in with your registered username and password
- Hover over the profile icon on the header menu and click on Create Ad
- Three easy steps:
- Select your car
- Fill in your car details (Remember, giving more details improves the chances of getting a response from a buyer)
- Upload photos ( You can upload up to 21 photos)
- Click on Preview Ad to view how your ad will appear and Save & Publish
Your ad will be approved within 24 hours.
Posting an Ad as a Dealer:
- Go to https://dealer.carlist.my/
- Sign In to your Dealer Account
- Click on Create Ads under Inventory menu on left
- Select your Car model
- Select make on next page
- Select year of the vehicle specified from options or enter in search bar
- Select Engine Capacity
- Select the vehicle that matches your specification
- Select Car type – New / Used / Recon
- Select Assembly Type – CBU / CKD
- Select Location and Area from the Drop down options
- Select Color of the Vehicle
- Add the Price, you get assistance from our system’s Price Guide as well
- Add description of your vehicle
- Enter title for your ad and Click Next
- Enter the photos of your vehicle
- Click on Preview Ad to verify details you added
- Click on Publish Ad
To begin chatting with buyers, Dealers have to download our iDealer app (Available on Android and iOS) and sign in to their accounts. Dealers can now view chats after signing in to their web portal by clicking on the chat icon displayed on the bottom right. Dealers can respond to chats with buyers on our web portal and our iDealer app.
We aim to provide a pleasant online environment for everyone using Carlist.my. Reading and adhering to our posting guidelines ensures that you get a positive selling experience on the website, and that buyers find only quality car listings.
List down all of the information about your car into the ad. Be as comprehensive as possible, instead of directing buyers to another website for more details. The more details you put in the ad, the higher the chance of you selling your car quickly.
The ad title should describe the car on sale. Please do not include company names, contact numbers or URLs within the title.
Describe the car as best you can via the description text. Please do not include plagiarised content or hyperlinks to external websites. Below is a content guideline on how to write your Description:
- Key Selling Pitch:
- Minimum 100 characters
- Standard Description:
- Car Specification
- Car Condition (no scratches & etc.)
- Payment Plan:
- Loan Availability
- Loan Rate
- Documents Required
- Free Gifts
- Call to Action:
- Company / Sales Agent’s Name
- Mobile / Fixed Number
- Company Address
- WhatsApp Number
- Email ID
- GPS coordinate
Choose a suitable category for your car. Note that on Carlist.my, there are three categories: Used, New, and Recon (for reconditioned cars).
Selecting the most appropriate categorisation ensures that your ad will appear accurately in the search results.
Place only one car per ad. If you have multiple cars which are similar, please place them in separate ads with their own images. By doing so, you can maximise the exposure of your ads and attract more potential buyers.
Please do not create multiple ads for the same car. Instead, you can edit your ad if you would like to make changes to it or delete the old ad before you place a new one.
Please also do not advertise the same car in different categories or locations.
Always use images that are relevant to the car being advertised. This will improve the quality of your ad, attract more viewers and increase your chance of selling your car.
Please do not use images from other advertisers without consent, as they are protected by copyright laws. Below are the guidelines for quality images on Carlist.my:
- Quantity: Min 5 (Compulsory); Maximum 21 images
- Images to capture (Recommended):
- Exterior: Front, Side & Back
- Interior: Dashboard, Odometer, and Car Seat
- Picture Format (Recommended):
- Resolution (Compulsory):
- Minimum 864 X 640
- 4 : 3 ratio
- Supported Formats:
- .jpeg, .png, .gif, and .bmp
- Other Requirements:
- No watermark
- Watermark from other websites are strictly not allowed
- No company logos
List the year of the manufacture/production of the vehicle, and not the year of registration.
Always clearly list a price with specific integers. Unfortunately, we have to reject ads without clear pricing. Please follow the below requirements:
- On The Road (OTR) Price:
- Listing price to EXCLUDE insurance because preference of insurance coverage varies for different individuals
- To indicate clearly if the price is inclusive of GST or not
- Price Variance:
- Less than 20% variance from the recommended average price from Carlist price guide
Examples of unclear pricing include but are not limited to:
- A price range;
- Price on availability (POA); and
- Prices that are incomplete, such as RM8XXXX and RM5k
Naturally, ads featuring items prohibited from sale according to Malaysian law are not allowed on Carlist.my. They include but are not limited to stolen items, pirated items, and counterfeit items.
To protect our buyers, we reserve the right to decide which ads are unrealistic and to reject them. This includes advertisement with extremely high or low price.
We also reserve the right to reject ads that are deemed misleading.
Misleading ads often misrepresent the following details
- Loan amounts or percentages;
- Down payment amounts or percentages; and
- Interest rate amounts or percentages
We highly recommend that you include a statement such as "upon the bank's approval" or "subjected to the bank's approval" in your ad if you wish to include those details.
Ad details must be consistent throughout. For instance, you should not list RM79,000 in the title and yet mention RM82,000 in the description. Such inconsistency will make your ad a prime candidate for rejection.
Ad details need to be relevant to the advertised car. For example, pairing a Honda Civic image with Toyota Corolla title and description will result in your ad being rejected.
Please refrain from keyword stuffing, which is defined as loading keywords in your ad title and description that are not relevant to the ad, with the purpose of influencing the search results on Carlist.my.
Moreover, keyword stuffing applies to comparison phrases such as "better than xxx", "cheaper than xxx".
In the event that your ad is rejected due to non-compliance with our rules, you will be given up to 48 hours to make the necessary alterations. Regrettably, if no changes are recorded after 48 hours, your ad will be deleted from our database.
- Sign In to your Seller account
- On Homepage there are your current Credits displayed on upper right corner bar and also adjacent to Buy Credits
- See image below
On Carlist.my, credits can be used for:
- Editing or bumping your advertisement
- Converting single free listing into single featured listing
Edit – Once your advertisement has been published, you will need credits to make changes on the advertisement, such as to change the price, modify the description, add pictures, etc.
Bump – It allows you to push your advertisement right to the top ahead of other listings, giving your car more exposure and increasing the chance of your car being sold.
Boss – If you purchase Boss product, your listing will guarantee a top spot for 7 days on Carlist.my, as per the Year, Make and Model. This product is only available for Dealer/Sales Agent/Broker currently.
Hot Deal – Hot Deal can be purchased from your Seller portal, the hot deal listings can be searched via searchable facet: Filter Hot Deals Only. As soon as you purchase the product, your listing is bumped on top .You can edit the price of your Hot Deal listing as to lesser than the average price or hide it altogether. Hot Deals can be purchased for 7 days and you may schedule bump for the next 6 days.
The rates differ according to the feature you want
|Account Type||Listing Type||Feature/Product|
|Edit listing||BUMP listing||Upgrade to Single Featured listing||Unique call||Unique SMS||Unique Live chat|
|Single Featured Listing||Featured||8 Credits||8 Credits||10 Credits||-||-||-|
|Subscription (Silver, Gold)||Automatically Featured||8 Credits||8 Credits||-||-||-||-|
There are two methods to purchase credits:
- Credit Card – Visa and Master card
- Direct Debit – MOLPAY (M2U, CIMB Clicks, etc)
Please refer to the steps below to buy credits:
- Sign in to your account
- Click on the Credits button on the navigation bar to access your account information
- Choose your payment method and click ‘Buy’ on the amount of credits you want
- Read the Terms and Conditions before clicking on ‘I Agree’
- Once your payment is successful, you will be redirected to a page which indicates your successful payment. Take note of the ID number for your future reference
** If your payment is unsuccessful, an error screen will be displayed.
Carlist.my offers different packages which are detailed below:
|>RM1,000||Please send your request to enquiries@Carlist.my or contact our Hotline @ 1300 30 4227 to purchase credits worth more than RM1,000||60 days|
Safety & Security
All transactions between buyers and sellers are mutual agreements.
Please do not make any kind of payment before meeting with the seller to view the car. To further protect yourself, please obtain and verify the details of the seller before proceeding with any meeting or transaction
Have your guard up if a deal sounds too good to be true. Always check on Carlist.my to verify the market rate of the car in question before making a purchase.
False enquiry scams are also known as buyer scams as they often involve fraudsters posing as buyers feigning interest in the car for sale.
Details vary from scam to scam, but typically fraudsters will pose as interstate or overseas buyers keen to buy the advertised car without showing up in person. They are unlikely to negotiate on price and may even offer to pay more than the asking price.
In order to provide a secure platform for the Sellers and Buyers to chat with each other, we not only verify their accounts and information attached with it but also constantly update it for the better experience of both the parties.
This badge is awarded to car dealers who have registered with us by supplying their business registration documents, and to those who ensure that all their ads are uploaded and maintained according to Carlist.my's standards. Click here to read more about Trusted Dealers.
We strive to keep Carlist.my as a pleasant and friendly online environment for all parties, so here are some points to note for sellers when putting up ads:
- Improper language: Foul, obscene, offensive and other inappropriate language or images on member profiles or listings are not allowed;
- Sexual material: Nudity, sexually offensive or pornographic material, may they be images, photos, graphics, videos or audio clips, are not allowed;
- Flaming content: Content that is defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, racist, discriminating or otherwise objectionable is not allowed;
- Illegal material: Listings containing illegal material or promoting products and/or services deemed to be illegal or unethical are not allowed;
- Copyright & intellectual property: Listings containing materials protected by copyright and intellectual property laws, and yet used without prior permission from the owner(s), are not allowed;
- Misleading information: Listings containing false, deceptive, misleading or deceitful materials are not allowed;
- Irrelevant categories: Listings placed in inappropriate categories will be removed;
- Irrelevant Photos / Advertisement: Listings not related to vehicles will be removed;
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate an account for violation of our Ad Posting Rules and/or the Terms of Service at any given time, at our sole discretion without prior notice. Unfortunately, if an account is suspended or terminated due to rules and/or policy violation, there will be no refund.