Carlist.my Help Center
Getting started with easy steps:
- Click on Register
- Fill up compulsory information to sign up for an account.
- Activate and Verify Account
- Proceed to click Submit
Representing a company either as a Sales Agent, you have to submit a copy of your business card with the business registration number (BRN) indicated and Identity Card.
Upon receipt of your documents, we will start the verification process within 24 hours, accompanied by a notification to your registered email.
- From the Sign In page, click on Forgot Password.
- Choose either, Send Me Email or Send Me SMS.
- Send Me Email
- Choose the email address where you want to receive the password reset link.
- Check your phone message.
- Click the reset link.
- Choose a new password.
Username unable to be updated once it has been registered.
To change your email address, drop an email at email@example.com. Your request will be processed within 24 hours.
We offers you three(3) types of profile:
|Dealer||For a dealership advertising its inventory. This account type allows an unlimited number of ads to be posted.|
|Sales Agent||For a sales agent working for a dealer. This account type allows an unlimited number of ads to be posted.|
|Broker||For an individual agent/ non attached to a company who works for a dealer. This account type allows an unlimited number of ads to be posted.|
Drop us an email to change your profile type at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your request to 03 2776 6010.
Following are the documents needed:
For Sales Agent:
- A copy of your NRIC (both front and back); and
- A copy of your business name card with the business registration number (BRN) indicated
For Dealership / Company / Corporate:
- A copy of your business card with the business registration number (BRN) indicated.
Your request will be processed within 24 hours.
To deactivate your account, drop us an email to email@example.com Your request will be processed within 24 hours.
Buying A Car
Start searching for a car by using the search box on the homepage. Just select the criteria of the car you have in mind and click the ‘Search' button to begin your car buying process.
You may also click on ‘Advanced Search' located below the ‘Search' button to narrow down the search results to find your ideal car.
You can contact the seller by clicking on the yellow ‘Contact Seller’ button on the ad in the Search Results. The yellow ‘Contact Seller’ button can also be found in the Car Details page under Seller Information.
Once you have made an appointment with the seller, you can request to view and test drive the car.
For new car purchases, the car dealer usually manages and prepares the documentation, processing all the paperwork on your behalf.
For used cars, car owners are by regulation required to send their car to PUSPAKOM for a full inspection prior to selling it.
Once the car has been approved by PUSPAKOM, the buyer will have to be present at the bank with the car registration document to apply for the loan.
Prepare the necessary forms for the transfer of vehicle ownership. You can download the forms from the JPJ website. The forms you will need are the following: JPJK3, TM-1, TM-AB (and a photocopy of the buyer and seller's ICs).
Go to JPJ and submit all the forms together with the original car registration card and a copy of the new buyer’s insurance cover note.
There is a processing time period for the completion of the transfer of name ownership before you will be able to collect the name-transferred car registration card.
Some car dealers may accept trade-ins with a new purchase from their dealerships. You should explore this option with your dealer to offset against the price of your desired car.
Car Loan (Hire Purchase)
Everyone is eligible to apply for a car loan as long as all the conditions below are fulfilled:
- You are above 21 years of age at the point of application;
- You possess a valid identification document (NRIC or Passport); and
- You are able to prove a minimum 3 months of income
Note: Applicants do not need to have a driving license to apply for a hire purchase loan.
A 10% deposit is commonly required unless you are employed with the government sector or are an undergraduate.
The approved loan amount may be as high as up to 90%, subjected to the bank's approval.
Interest rates may vary depending on loan conditions such as the loan tenure, the loan amount, and other conditions that may fall under the bank's consideration and regulations.
Documents required for the application of a hire purchase loan are the following:
- A copy of valid identification (NRIC: front & back or Passport);
- A copy of driver's license front & back (should you be the owner of the vehicle); and
- A copy of proof of a minimum of three months of income
- A copy of valid identification (NRIC: front & back or Passport);
- A copy of driver's license front & back;
- A copy of proof of income; and
- A copy of business registration (BR)
Guarantor (if applicable)
- A copy of valid identification (NRIC: front & back or passport); and
- A copy of proof of a minimum of three months of income
Note: Additional documents for identification or proof of income may be required by the bank should the documents submitted be deemed insufficient by the bank.
If the applicant is blacklisted by any financial institution, it is advisable to check with the financial institution on the procedures for applying for a loan.
Disclaimer: All information provided on Carlist.my is accurate at the time of publishing and may differ depending on the financial institution.
Selling A Car
Create An Ads:
- Click on Listing, choose Create Ads.
- Uploading photos by drag and drop your images or by clicking the Upload Image button.
- Select your vehicle by clicking on the Select Vehicle button.
- Fill up all compulsory vehicle details and ads description of the vehicle.
- Upload the photos and registration card of your vehicle.
- Click on Preview Ad to verify details.
- Click on Publish Ad.
- Click on Preview Ad to check out how your listing would look live.
Being positive promotes engagement and encourages sharing. Equally as important, being negative may cost you fans. People are quick to unlike a business, we here to provide a pleasant online environment for everyone using iCarSuite. Reading and adhering to our posting guidelines ensures that you get a positive selling experience on the website, and that buyers find only quality car listings.
Turn your car into cash by listing down all of the information about your car into the ad. Be as comprehensive as possible, know your market. All you need to do is enter the details and we’ll guarantee a trade-in offer and good participation of buyers.
The ad title should describe the vehicle on sale. Please do not include company names, contact numbers or URLs within the title.
Describe your vehicle as best you can in a given field. Please do not include plagiarised content or hyperlinks to external websites. Below is a content guideline on how to write your Description:
- Key Selling Pitch:
- Minimum 100 characters
- Standard Description:
- Car Specification
- Car Condition (no scratches & etc.)
- Payment Plan:
- Loan Availability
- Loan Rate
- Documents Required
- Free Gifts
- Call to Action:
- Company / Sales Agent’s Name
- Mobile / Fixed Number
- Company Address
- WhatsApp Number
- Email ID
- GPS coordinate
Choose a suitable category for your vehicle. Note that on iCarSuite, there are three categories: Used, New, and Recon (for reconditioned vehicles).
Selecting the right categorisation ensures that your ad will appear accurately in the search results.
Place only one vehicle per ad. If you have multiple vehicles which are similar, please place them in separate ads with their own images. By doing so, you can fully optimize the exposure of your ads and attract more potential buyers.
Please do not create multiple ads for the same vehicle. Instead, you can edit your ad if you would like to make changes to it or delete the old ad before you create the new ad.
Please also do not advertise the same vehicle in different categories or locations.
Always use images that are relevant to the advertised vehicle. This will improve the quality of your ad, attract more viewers and increase your chance of selling your vehicle.
Please do not use images from other advertisers without consent, as they are protected by copyright laws. Below are the guidelines for quality images on iCarSuite:
- Quantity: Min 5 (Compulsory); Maximum 21 images
- Images to capture (Recommended):
- Exterior: Front, Side & Back
- Interior: Dashboard, Odometer, and Car Seat
- Picture Format (Recommended):
- Resolution (Compulsory):
- Minimum 864 X 640
- 4 : 3 ratio
- Supported Formats:
- .jpeg, .png, .gif, and .bmp
- Other Requirements:
- No watermark
- Watermark from other websites are strictly not allowed
- No company logos
List the year of the manufacture/production of the vehicle, and not the year of registration.
Always clearly list a price with specific integers. Unfortunately, we have to reject ads without clear pricing. Please follow the below requirements:
- On The Road (OTR) Price:
- Listing price to EXCLUDE insurance because preference of insurance coverage varies for different individuals
- To indicate clearly if the price is inclusive of GST or not
- Price Variance:
- Less than 20% variance from the recommended average price from iCarSuite price guide
By clicking on the Price Guide, you can view the price estimation made for your vehicle.
(Price Guide Screens)
Examples of unclear pricing include but are not limited to:
- A price range;
- Price on availability (POA); and
- Prices that are incomplete, such as RM8XXXX and RM5k
Always use videos that are relevant to the advertised vehicle. This helps improve the quality of your ad, attract more viewers and increase your chance of selling your vehicle.
Please do not use videos from other advertisers without consent, as they are protected by copyright laws. Below are the Video Guidelines for quality videos on our site:
- Video Quality:
- Definition: 720p minimum
- Orientation: Landscape
- Duration: Maximum 1 minute per video
- File size: 500MB maximum
- Video Content:
- Vehicle Features:
- Exterior: Front, Sides and Rear
- Interior: Dashboard, Odometer (Engine needs to be switched on), Seats and Boot
- Vehicle Documents:
- Registration card (to record Registration Card using Carlist registration folder to cover private information)
- K8 customs form for reconditioned car
- Vehicle Features:
- Bahasa Malaysia
- No black and white or Mono filter
- Video Validity:
- Single Video Listing: 30 days
- Video packages: will follow the video package expiry date (e.g. 6 months / 12 months contract)
- Supported Formats:
- .mp4,.mov & .webm
- Other requirements:
- Video background must not include business details eg. shop name, banner, campaigns and freebies, please include this in the description
- 1 listing per video that matches the pictures and video background must not include other cars in store
- This is only car advertisement, other company ads will be rejected by our Quality Assurance team
- Offensive language are strictly not allowed
Naturally, ads featuring items are prohibited from sale by Malaysia laws, Those kinds of ads are not allowed on iCarSuite. They include but are not limited to stolen items, pirated items, and counterfeit items.
To protect our buyers, we reserve the right to decide which ads are unrealistic and to reject them. This includes advertisements with extremely high or low price.
We also reserve the right to reject ads that seem misleading.
Misleading ads often misrepresent the following details
- Loan amounts or percentages;
- Down payment amounts or percentages; and
- Interest rate amounts or percentages
We highly recommend that you include a statement such as "upon the bank's approval" or "subjected to the bank's approval" in your ad if you wish to include those details.
One ad will not grow your buyer and increase your sales. Frequency is the key to successful advertising. Next, you need to stay consistent with your ads. For instance, you should not list RM70,000 in the title and yet mention RM80,000 in the description. Such inconsistency will make your ad a prime candidate for rejection.
Relevance itself refers to how much useful your information is to buyer’s search. Your ads details need to be relevant to the advertised car. For example, pairing a Honda Accord image with Proton Perdana title and description will result in your ad being rejected.
Keyword stuffing does not help in promoting the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) ranking of your car dealer website. It works better if you consistently target a concise list of keywords, instead. Regular keyword research for search volume, coupled with the right mix of long-tail keywords can deliver amazing digital marketing returns, translating not only into higher search ranking, but also more leads, prospects, and ultimately, sales.
In the event that your ad is rejected due to non-compliance with our rules, you will be given up to 48 hours to make the necessary alterations. Regrettably, if no changes are recorded after 48 hours, your ad will be deleted from our database.
- Sign In into iCarsuite, user will be directed to Account (landing page).
- Credit owned a tab, along with 2 buttons; Credits History and Top Up Credit.
In iCarSuite, we offer credit purchases.
- Editing or bumping your advertisement
- Converting single free listing into single featured listing
Edit – Updating an ad requires you to use credits.
Bump – It allows you to push your advertisement right to the top ahead of other listings, giving your car more exposure and increasing the chance of your car being sold.
Boss – With Boss product, your listing will be guaranteed to become a top spot for 7 days on Carlist.my, as per the Year, Make and Model. This product is only available for Dealer/Sales Agent/Broker currently.
Hot Deal – Hot Deal can be purchased from iCarSuite, the hot deal listings can be searched via searchable facet: Filter Hot Deals Only. As soon as you purchase the product, your listing is bumped on top.You can edit the price of your Hot Deal listing to lesser than the average price or hide it altogether. Hot Deals can be purchased for 7 days and you may schedule a bump for the next 6 days.
The rates differ according to the feature you want
|Account Type||Listing Type||Feature/Product|
|Edit listing||BUMP listing||Upgrade to Single Featured listing||Unique call||Unique SMS||Unique Live chat|
|Single Featured Listing||Featured||12 Credits||12 Credits||14 Credits||-||-||-|
|Subscription (Silver, Gold)||Automatically Featured||10 Credits||10 Credits||-||-||-||-|
- Click on Credit tab and select Buy Credits.
- Select Credit Options for how many credits you want to purchase.
- Select Payment Method; (Credit card, Direct Debit & Offline Payment).
- By clicking, you will be directed to Payment Gateway.
We offer many different credit options along with an affordable price.
Safety & Security
All transactions between buyers and sellers are mutual agreements.
Please do not make any kind of payment before meeting with the seller to view the car. To further protect yourself, please obtain and verify the details of the seller before proceeding with any meeting or transaction
Have your guard up if a deal sounds too good to be true. Always check on Carlist.my to verify the market rate of the car in question before making a purchase.
False enquiry scams are also known as buyer scams as they often involve fraudsters posing as buyers feigning interest in the car for sale.
Details vary from scam to scam, but typically fraudsters will pose as interstate or overseas buyers keen to buy the advertised car without showing up in person. They are unlikely to negotiate on price and may even offer to pay more than the asking price.
In order to provide a secure platform for the Sellers and Buyers to chat with each other, we not only verify their accounts and information attached with it but also constantly update it for the better experience of both the parties.
This badge is awarded to car dealers who have registered with us by supplying their business registration documents, and to those who ensure that all their ads are uploaded and maintained according to Carlist.my's standards. Click here to read more about Trusted Dealers.
We strive to keep Carlist.my as a pleasant and friendly online environment for all parties, so here are some points to note for sellers when putting up ads:
- Improper language: Foul, obscene, offensive and other inappropriate language or images on member profiles or listings are not allowed;
- Sexual material: Nudity, sexually offensive or pornographic material, may they be images, photos, graphics, videos or audio clips, are not allowed;
- Flaming content: Content that is defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, racist, discriminating or otherwise objectionable is not allowed;
- Illegal material: Listings containing illegal material or promoting products and/or services deemed to be illegal or unethical are not allowed;
- Copyright & intellectual property: Listings containing materials protected by copyright and intellectual property laws, and yet used without prior permission from the owner(s), are not allowed;
- Misleading information: Listings containing false, deceptive, misleading or deceitful materials are not allowed;
- Irrelevant categories: Listings placed in inappropriate categories will be removed;
- Irrelevant Photos / Advertisement: Listings not related to vehicles will be removed;
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate an account for violation of our Ad Posting Rules and/or the Terms of Service at any given time, at our sole discretion without prior notice. Unfortunately, if an account is suspended or terminated due to rules and/or policy violation, there will be no refund.