2015 Mitsubishi Triton Appears On Local Website, From RM71k To RM114k购买指南
Amidst the hustle and bustle of the GST implementation, Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia has taken the time to rather quietly introduce its all-new 2015 Mitsubishi Triton on its local website.
And they’ve spared us a bunch of details to share with you, so here goes. Else, if you want to know more about the all-new model, you can catch our previous reports of its global debut in Thailand, and then its European debut at the recent Geneva Motor Show.
The fifth generation Triton’s introduction to the world saw much excitement surround its brand-spanking-new 2.4-litre MIVEC VG turbo diesel (codenamed 4N15). However, the initial spec sheets we’ve been shown has no such engine listed! Bummer!
Here’s a quick look at the coming variants and their tentative prices:
- 2015 Mitsubishi Triton VGT Adventure (5AT): RM114,000
- 2015 Mitsubishi Triton VGT (5AT): RM103,000
- 2015 Mitsubishi Triton VGT (5MT): RM97,000
- 2015 Mitsubishi Triton (5MT): RM87,000
- 2015 Mitsubishi Triton Quest (5MT): RM71,000
All five variants being introduced here will be powered by the trusty 2.5-litre DI-D Hyper Common Rail DOHC Intercooled Turbocharged (VGT), delivering 178PS and 400Nm of torque. The base variant gets on with the same mill, without the intercooler.
On their official brochure, Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia is boasting quite a few “first-in-class” features for the pick-up, such as the Push-Start Button, Keyless entry, Xenon HID headlamps with Daytime Running Lights, and Paddle Shifters (Whattt??!!! Paddles on a pick-up?). All of these, however, are limited to just the VGT Adventure, VGT AT, and VGT MT variants only.
New to the Triton itself in Malaysia include a dual-zone climate control feature, a Easy Select 4WD select dial with shift-on-the-fly capabilities, a 6.1-inch touch-screen audio system with reverse camera, auto headlamps and wipers, and lots more. Again, bear in mind that not all of these will feature on all variants of the Triton. (Check out the gallery below for the full specs list)
Road Show Tour
The all-new 2015 Mitsubishi Triton will also be out for a nation-wide tour, and you can catch the pick-up at the following locations:
- 1 - 5 Apr, Mid Valley Megamall, West Lobby, Kuala Lumpur
- 6 - 12 Apr, Tesco Mergong, Main Concourse, Alor Setar
- 9 - 12 Apr, Sutera Mall, Sub Court, Johor
- 13 - 19 Apr, AEON Kinta City Shopping Centre, Sub Court, Ipoh
- 15 - 19 Apr, Queensbay Mall, North Court, Penang
- 20 Apr - 3 May, The Spring Shopping Mall, Center Court, Kuching
- 21 Apr - 10 May, Suria Sabah Shopping Mall, Court G4A, Kota Kinabalu
- 23 - 26 Apr, East Coast Mall, Main Entrance, Kuantan