The locally-assembled version (CKD) of BMW’s flagship SUV, the X7, has been formally unveiled with an even more attractive pricetag, while carrying all the same features of the CBU model, first launched in Malaysia in mid-2019.
The new CKD (G07) BMW X7 xDrive40i Pure Excellence, to quote its full name, is priced at an estimated RM708,000 (pending final price adjustments – OTR, sans Insurance); a whopping RM180k less than the CBU X7’s introductory price of RM888,000.
Harald Hoelzl, Managing Director of BMW Group Malaysia added, “The All-New BMW X7 xDrive40i Pure Excellence is testament to our continued support for the local automotive landscape, as we welcome the luxury Sports Activity Vehicle to our portfolio of locally assembled vehicles in Malaysia.”
As before, power comes from a 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder turbocharged and direct-injected petrol engine producing 340hp and 450Nm of torque. The longitudinal engine is paired to an 8-speed automatic that distributes power to all four wheels through BMW’s xDrive system.
This results in a 0-100km/h time of 6.1 seconds, not bad at all considering the X7’s size. Billed as the SUV counterpart to the 7 Series sedan, the X7 is 87 mm shorter, to balance its increased ride height, however the X7 is 98 mm wider and can carry up to 7 adult passengers, given its spacious three-row seating assembly.
Also offered as standard is two-axle air suspension, which links up to the X7’s Dynamic Stability Control system. This system dynamically monitors the vehicle loads at each corner of the car, and factors in those inputs to optimise the braking performance of the X7.
The following are further highlights of the X7 xDrive 40i’s extensive equipment list:
- BMW Laserlight headlamps
- 21-inch light-alloy wheels in Y-spoke style 753 Bicolour
- Soft closing doors
- Two-axle air suspension
- Executive Drive Pro chassis control (active anti-roll bar)
- Crafted Clarity handmade diamond-cut interior trim (gear selector, volume control, Start/Stop button and iDrive Controller)
- Fine-wood trim surfaces framed with electroplated accent trims
- BMW Live Cockpit Pro 12.3-inch instrument panel
- BMW Operating System 7.0 (new update)
- Heads-up Display
- Infotainment with Apple CarPlay support, Gesture Control, BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant (‘Hey BMW’ voice command)
- Rear Entertainment Professional system (2x touch screen display)
- 16-speaker Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
- Five-zone automatic air conditioning
- Electric roller side blinds
- Panorama Roof Sky Lounge with LED lighting
The X7 also comes chocked full of driver assistance features that include a 360-Degree Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Departure Warning with Steering Assist, Front Collision Warning with Brake Intervention, Emergency Stop Assistant, Evasion Aid, and Crossroads Warning with City Braking function.
BMW Malaysia has also included the Parking Assistant and Reversing Assistant (hands-free reversing) out of tight spots, therefore X7 drivers pretty much don’t have to worry about parking their mammoth SUV.
The X7 is offered in five exterior colour – Black Sapphire, Sophisto Grey, Phytonic Blue, Manhattan Metallic, and Mineral White, which are all complemented, by unique interior upholstery, appointments and finishes.
Customers can register their interest and book their new CKD X7 starting today, which will be offered with the complete BMW Group Malaysia Premium Ownership package which carries the following programs:
- BMW 5-Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty with Free Scheduled Service Programme
- BMW Roadside Assistance and Accident Hotline
- The BMW Group Loyalty+ Mobile App - BMW Privileges Card
- BMW Service Online