You’ve read our preview, and you’ve read our quick review after we had a short spin in it from KL to JB; now, you can head over to view the all-new Mitsubishi Outlander 7-seater SUV at authorized Mitsubishi showrooms nationwide.
Officially launched today for the Malaysian market, the Outlander is initially available at an introductory offer price of RM171,644.80 on-the-road with insurance for vehicles booked and registered before 31 May 2016. Final pricing after the lapse of this offer period has not been revealed.
Wearing Mitsubishi’s bold-looking ‘Dynamic Shield’ front fascia, the Outlander is fully-imported from Japan and is offered in only one variant, powered by a 2.4-litre MIVEC petrol engine mated to an INVECS-III CVT.
The Outlander comes standard with an electronically-controlled all-wheel drive system with three driving modes:
- 4WD Eco: Vehicle operates primarily like a front-wheel drive, with traction routed astern as needed. Recommended for most driving conditions.
- 4WD Auto: Variable and continuous distribution of torque to all wheels for better cornering and high speed stability.
- 4WD Lock: Fixed distribution of torque to all wheels for rough and treacherous terrain.
- Electric Tailgate
- LED headlamps with daytime running lights
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Leather seats
- Auto headlights, auto wipers
- 7 airbags
- Electronic stability control, traction control
- Hill start assist
- ABS, EBD
Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia has set a monthly sales target of 100 units for the Outlander, although some 200 bookings have been collected since order taking commenced in late February.