Subaru To Commence CKD Operations In Thailand Starting 2019

Berita Kereta

Subaru To Commence CKD Operations In Thailand Starting 2019

Tan Chong International Ltd (TCIL) will commence CKD operations in Thailand from 2019, with the Subaru Forester being the first model to be CKD assembled.

Set to assemble 10,000 Subaru cars annually, TCIL will be investing 5.09 billion Thai Baht into the new production facility. Earlier in 2017, Subaru Corporation, the parent company of Subaru announced that they will be partnering up with TC Manufacturing and Assembly Thailand to produce Subaru vehicles in Thailand. The joint-venture company called Tan Chong Subaru Automotive Thailand, is 74.9% owned by TCMA, while the remaining 25.1% is owned by Subaru Corp.

Currently, CKD operations for Subaru vehicles in Southeast Asia is done by Tan Chong Motor Assemblies (TCMA) here in Malaysia, assembling up to 16,000 units of the Subaru XV and Forester annually.

TCMA's operations here in Malaysia won't be affected by the new Subaru plant in Thailand, as Bangkok Post reports that Subaru models produced in Malaysia and Thailand will be sold in their respective countries.

Samson Chua, the general manager of TC Subaru Thailand said that both plants will operate independently to cater to South China and Asean needs.

TCIL's new production facility will be located at Bangkok's Lat Krabang Industrial Estate.

Tag Berkaitan

Berita Berkaitan


Lihat Kereta Idaman anda dalam App
Muat turun App Sekarang