2014 Peugeot 5008 MPV Review: The Charms Of French Practicality评论
Having had a facelift and an upgrade not too long ago, Peugeot Malaysia recently introduced its new 2014 Peugeot 5008 MPV here. With an unchanged price tag, and a whole lot more to offer than its predecessor, the new seven-seater directly contends with the likes of the Mazda Biante, and the new Nissan Serena S-Hybrid.
KEY SPECS: 2014 Peugeot 5008
- Price: RM159,888 (with insurance)
- Engine: 1.6-litre Twin-Scroll THP, four-cylinder petrol
- Transmission: Six-speed Auto Adaptive Gearbox with Tiptronic and Sport Mode
- Horsepower: 165hp @ 6,000rpm
- Torque: 240Nm @ 1,400 to 4,250rpm
- Performance: 0-100km/h in 10.8 seconds, top speed limited to 195km/h
- Observed fuel consumption: 9.7 to 11.4-litres/100km (claimed: 7.9-litres/100km)
The 2014 Peugeot 5008 is a decent people carrier. But despite the promise of it being a seven-seater, the reality is that it’s more of a 5+2 arrangement, given the lacking space in the third-row seats for full size adults. With the rear-most seats folded and tucked away (very neatly) under the boot floor, the 679 litres of space is far more usable.
The 5008 is also feature-packed, offering lots in the way of entertainment and creature comforts. Safety is also no compromise, with six airbags and a full suite of active and passive safety features.
For price and purpose comparisons, drawing on the Japanese Mazda Biante (RM150k) and Nissan Serena S-Hybrid (RM139k to RM150k) make the most sense, and both have their charms about them as well. However, it’s the French MPV that has the most to offer feature wise. Adversely, you may favour the Mazda and the Nissan for their slightly more functional practicality, familiarity and simplicity.
Want to know more? Check out Carlist.my for our complete review of the 2014 Peugeot 5008 MPV.