Bermaz Motor, the distributor of Mazda vehicles in Malaysia, is expected to announce the prices for the all-new second generation seven-seater Mazda CX-9 within the next few days.
There will be two variants – front-wheel drive and four-wheel drive - both powered by a 2.5-litre turbocharged version of Mazda’s signature SkyActiv-G four-cylinder petrol engine. The two variants will be priced at:
- 2017 Mazda CX-9 2.5T 2WD: RM316,788
- 2017 Mazda CX-9 2.5T 4WD: RM333,128
Prices quoted are on-the-road with insurance, for private registrations in Peninsular Malaysia.
Note that the prices are only applicable for the first 30 units, all of which are Australian specifications models.
Back then, prices were rumoured to be in the ballpark of around RM250,000 but we understand that high demand for the CX-9 worldwide is forcing Bermaz to delay the launch of the CX-9 in Malaysia. The shortage in supply, coupled by recent developments on the forex front means that the initial estimated price is no longer valid.
Currently, the only source for the CX-9 worldwide is at Mazda’s Ujina No.1 plant in Hiroshima, Japan.
As a short-term countermeasure to alleviate the supply constraint and to reduce the long waiting period for customers who have already placed orders for the CX-9, Bermaz has secured 30 units CX-9 that were originally bound for Australia.
Typical of Mazda, both the front-wheel drive and four-wheel drive variants will have exactly the same list of equipment and features. The only difference is one sends all its power to the front axle, while the other splits it between both axles.
Specifications for 2017 Mazda CX-9:
- Engine: 2.5-litre turbocharged SkyActiv-G, direct injection, transverse 4-cylinder
- Power: 228 hp at 5,000 rpm
- Torque: 420 Nm at 2,000 rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed torque converter automatic (FWD or 4WD)
- Safety: 6 airbags, anti-lock brakes (ABS), EBD with BA, electronic stability control (DSC), traction control (TC), autonomous emergency braking (Smart City Brake Support, SCBS), emergency stop signal, blind spot monitoring
- Convenience: Heads-up display, engine push-start button, smart keyless entry, power-operated sunroof with tilt and sliding glass, power-operated tailgate, auto dimming rear-view mirror, time adjustable wipers with rain sensor, cruises control
- Infotainment: MZD Connect with 8-inch LCD display and Commander control, integrated reverse camera, 12-speaker Bose audio system, GPS Navigation with 2D and 3D view
- Comfort: Leather seats
- Fuel saving: I-ELOOP, I-STOP
- Exterior: 20-inch alloy wheels, LED headlamps with halogen bulb-type daytime running lights, LED front fog lamps, LED tail lights, dual exhaust pipe
- Warranty: 5 years with 3 years free scheduled service