UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd, the official distributor of Toyota vehicles in Malaysia, has officially launched the all-new Innova MPV earlier today featuring an updated engine and many new features.
Sharing the same ladder frame as the Hilux pickup truck and the Fortuner SUV, the new Innova is now 35mm taller, 55mm wider, and also 150mm longer than the outgoing model, bringing its dimensions to 4,735mm long, 1,830mm wide, and 1,795mm tall.
The wheelbase length however, remains at 2,750mm long. Besides the growth in dimensions, the Innova is also about 100kg heavier than before.
That said, the new Innova will be available in three variants:
- Innova 2.0E Manual – RM109,000
- Innova 2.0E Auto – RM117,000
- Innova 2.0G Auto – RM126,000
*Prices indicated are OTR with insurance and GST
Powering all three variants of the Innova is the same 1TR-FE 2.0-litre petrol engine as before, but the mill now comes with Dual VVT-I technology, which apparently has improved the fuel economy and made the Innova an Energy Efficient Vehicle (EEV). The engine's total output and maximum torque ratings stand at 139PS and 183Nm respectively.
While the Innova 2.0E comes with a choice of either a 6-speed automatic or a 5-speed manual gearbox, the 2.0G’s engine is paired to the 6-speed automatic transmission, which replaces the outgoing 4-speed automatic transmission.
Sporting a much more premium look now, the list of standard features in the Innova 2.0E includes:
- 16-inch wheels
- Halogen multi-reflector headlamps with ‘Follow Me Home’ and Manual Levelling functions
- Silver/body coloured radiator grille
- Black and silver interior trim
- Fabric seats
- Power adjustable wing mirrors with signal lamps
- Body coloured door handles
- Rear spoiler with LED stop lamp
- Conventional panel with Multi-information display
- 6-speaker audio system with Bluetooth, USB, AUX, MP3 connectivity
- Manual air-cond control (front & rear)
- Steering-mounted audio control
- Urethane steering wheel & gearknob
- Fabric door trim
- Manual adjustable front seats
- 60:40 split-folding 2nd row seats with ‘One Touch Tumble’ function
- 50:50 split-folding 3rd row seats with ‘One Touch Easy Space Up’ function
- Glove box with cooler
- Engine start/stop button
- ABS with EBD
- Front & rear parking sensors
- 3 Airbags
- ISOFIX mounts for all 3 rows
The range-topping 2.0G variant adds the following:
- Chrome radiator grille
- Power retractable wing mirrors
- Puddle lamp
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel & gearknob
- Silver and Piano Black finishing on door trims
- Armrests with cup holders (2nd row)
- Glove box damper
- Foldable seatback table
- LED roof ambient lighting
- Easy closer back door
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Electronic Stability Control (VSC)
- Traction Control
- Hill-Start Assist
- Emergency Stop Signal
- 7 airbags
- Keyless entry
- Optitron meter panel with Illumination control
- 4.2-inch TFT screen
- Wood & silver interior trim
Available in six exterior colours, the new Innova also comes with enhanced noise insulation, new suspensions, and improved fuel consumption of 9.1L/100km over its predecessor’s 11.2L/100km.
The eight-seater also benefits from a five-year, unlimited mileage manufacturer warranty which is fully transferable to the next owner if the vehicle is sold off during the warranty tenure. An early bird discount of RM5000 is offered to customers who register their Innova by 31st December 2016.
We had the opportunity to drive the all-new Innova recently. Watch this space for the full review to be published shortly.