(Click to view larger)
The Mazda CX-3 is estimated to be priced from RM120k in promotional pages from the 2015 Volume 1 of Mazda Malaysia’s Zoom Zoom magazine.
Sources from Bermaz Motors say that the compact crossover could possibly arrive in Malaysia this November instead of July as we’ve previously reported although highly detailed specifications weren’t provided.
The direct rival to the Ford EcoSport, Honda HR-V, and Peugeot 2008 could most probably see the SkyActiv-G 2.0-litre petrol engine paired to a SkyActiv-DRIVE six-speed torque converter automatic transmission as its powertrain. The SkyActiv-G powerplant develops 150hp and 204Nm of torque.
In our earlier report, we detailed the CX-3’s specifications along with our insights on what may or may not find its way into the vehicle. The CX-3’s highlights shown in these scans are not definitive by any measure, something to keep in mind.
Here's how the CX-3's tentative price stacks up against the current crop of compact crossovers currently on sale in Malaysia:
- Peugeot 2008: RM119,888 (OTR price with GST and insurance)
- Mitsubishi ASX 2WD: RM117,499.67 (OTR price with GST and insurance)
- Mitsubishi ASX 4WD: RM132,021.51 (OTR price with GST and insurance)
- Ford EcoSport 1.5L Titanium: RM100,800 (OTR price with GST but without insurance)
- Honda HR-V 1.8L V: RM118,228.50 (OTR price with GST and insurance)