All-New C27 Nissan Serena S-Hybrid For Malaysia - Est RM140k, To Be Launched In MayAuto News
Edaran Tan Chong Motor, the official distributor of Nissan vehicles in Malaysia has previewed the upcoming all-new Serena S-Hybrid ahead of its local debut. Nissan's latest seven-seater was first publicly shown at the MAI Auto Festival in Bagan Datuk, last month. To be launched in May with an estimated price ranging from just below RM140,000 to RM155,000, there will be two variants - Highway Star and Premium Highway Star.
As before, the latest Serena S-Hybrid, despite the hybrid monicker, is not full-hybrid vehicle. At best, it sits between a micro-hybrid and a mild-hybrid, utilizing a small 2.6 PS/48 Nm starter motor to assist the engine during standing starts. Unlike a full-hybrid vehicle like a Toyota Camry Hybrid, or even a Honda City Hybrid/Jazz Hybrid, the Serena S-Hybrid is not capable of pulling away from standstill in electric power. Claimed fuel consumption for the new Serena S-Hybrid is 14.2 km/L under the NEDC R101 test cycle and it qualifies for Energy Efficient Vehicle (EEV) incentives.
The model will be assembled at the Tan Chong Motor Assemblies plant in Serendah, Selangor.
Standard features for the entry Highway Star includes:
- 7 USB charging ports
- 7-inch multi info display (MID)
- 7 seater with ‘Zero Gravity’ designed front and second row seats
- Power sliding doors on both sides
- Dual-access tailgate - which is useful in tight parking spots as it allows the tailgate to flip open in two different lengths.
- 6.75-inch Clarion head unit with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support (yet to be installed on the display car here)
The higher range Premium Highway Star adds:
- Combination leather seats, either in two-tone Truffle Brown and Chestnut or single-tone black
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- 10.1-inch roof-mounted LCD display
- Tech-on tray mat for tablets or gadgets
- Driving Video Recorder (DVR)
- LED roof lamp
- Door visor
- V-Kool security tint
- ThreeBond body coating
- Two-tone exterior colours (Imperial Umber + Cashmere Gold, Diamond Black + Tungsten Silver, Diamond Black + Brilliant White)
Visually, the all-new Serena S-Hybrid features the company’s V-Motion front fascia prominently, with a two-tier headlight design with LED positioning lights in the upper portion and LED projectors located below, for the headlamps. The daytime running lights are halogen units placed beside the front fog lights.
Towards the side of the all-new Serena S-Hybrid, ETCM has fitted the Highway Star variant with 15-inch five twin-spoke alloy wheels, while the Premium Highway Star gets 16-inch alloy wheels. Elsewhere, gloss black treatment on the A- and D-pillars help give the Serena S-Hybrid a floating roof design.
As for the rear end, the all-new Serena S-Hybrid features a rear spoiler plus various chrome bits that help give the MPV a slightly more upmarket appeal. A centrally-mounted rear fog lamp is found at the bottom of the bumper.
Powering the all-new Nissan Serena S-Hybrid is the tried-and-tested 2.0-litre MR20DD with direct fuel injection, outputting 150 PS and 200 Nm, sent to the front wheels via a CVT-type automatic.
In terms of safety equipment, the all-new Nissan Serena S-Hybrid features:
- Six airbags (up from 2 of the predecessor)
- Intelligent Around View Monitor (I-AVM, displayed on the 7-inch Advanced Drive-Assist Display)
- Intelligent Moving Object Detection (I-MOD)
- Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- ABS with EBD and Brake Assist
- Hill Start Assist
Bookings are now opened for the all-new Serena S-Hybrid, with deliveries expected in May. ETCM is backing the new model with a 5-year unlimited mileage warranty, on top of the 3-year or 60,000 km free maintenance service. The first 500 buyers of the new Serena S-Hybrid will receive an exclusive gift worth RM500.