The Renault Koleos D-segment SUV now comes with the option of all-wheel drive in the Malaysian market. The new variant costs an extra RM19k over the existing front-wheel drive model and is powered by the same 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine.
Equipment levels between the two drivetrain variants are largely identical, with the exception of a powered tailgate introduced as a piece of exclusive equipment for the AWD model.
To recap, noteworthy features offered in both the Koleos FWD and AWD are as follows:
- LED headlamps with DRL
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 7-inch TFT virtual instrument cluster
- R-Link 2 8.7-inch portrait touchscreen
- Reverse camera, all-round parking sensors
- Electronic parking brake
- Audio: 8 Arkamys speakers with 3D sound
- 6 airbags
- Blind spot warning
- ABS, EBD
- Electronic stability control
The new range-topper also gains the option of an exclusive new colour Marron Red to complement the existing colour palette already offered to the FWD model that consists of the following shades – Universal White, Meissen Blue, Grey Metallic, and Black Metallic.
Powering the Koleos is Nissan’s 2.5-litre QR25DE port-injected four-cylinder petrol engine rated with outputs of 171 PS and 226 Nm. Standard transmission is the Jatco-sourced X-Tronic CVT.
Exclusive to the new AWD variant is Nissan’s All-Mode 4x4-i technology also found in the X-Trail 2.5 AWD with which the Koleos shares much of its running gear. Through a dash-mounted switch, the system offers three driving modes – 2WD, 4WD Auto, and 4WD Lock.
In 4WD Auto mode, the system automatically varies front-rear torque distribution between fully front and 50:50. Meanwhile, in 4WD Lock (operable below 40 km/h only), the drivetrain is locked into a 50:50 torque split.
The new Renault Koleos AWD is officially open for booking and can be viewed at selected showrooms. The new variant also joins the full range of Renault vehicles on tour at the following roadshows:
- 19 – 23 July: Mid Valley Megamall Centre Court
- 24 – 30 July: Renault Petaling Jaya, Jalan Kemajuan
- 16 – 20 Aug: Renault Glenmarie, Jalan Penguasa A
- 21 – 27 Aug: Renault Setapak, Jalan Genting Klang
- 30 Aug – 3 Sep: IOI City Mall, Putrajaya
- 4 – 10 Sep: Renault Puchong, Bandar Puteri
- 18 – 24 Sep: Renault Setia Alam, Jalan Setia Prima