Following the preview earlier this month, Bermaz has officially launched the all-new Mazda 3 here in Malaysia.
Unlike the predecessor model, the all-new Mazda 3 is imported from Mazda’s Hofu plant in Yamaguchi, Japan.
Two engine choices are available across two body styles:
- Mazda 3 1.5 Hatchback - RM 139,770
- Mazda 3 1.5 Sedan - RM 139,770
- Mazda 3 2.0 Sedan High - RM 150,059
- Mazda 3 2.0 Sedan High Plus - RM 160,059
- Mazda 3 2.0 Hatchback High Plus - RM 160,059
All prices shown here are on-the-road without insurance.
While the all-new Mazda 3 1.5 Sedan/Hatchback get a 1.5-litre SkyActiv-G petrol engine like the smaller Mazda 2, output figures are actually higher as the engine outputs 118 hp at 6,000 rpm and 153 Nm at 4,000 rpm, as opposed to the Mazda 2's 114 hp and 148 Nm.
The sole transmission option is a six-speed SkyActiv-Drive automatic transmission that sends power to the front wheels.
The entry-level Mazda 3 1.5 Sedan/Hatchback is equipped with:
- LED headlights with bulb-type DRLs
- LED tail lights
- 16-inch alloy wheels with 205/60 R16 tires
- Fabric upholstery
- Electronic parking brake with Auto Hold
- Cruise Control
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Auto headlights
- 7-inch TFT LCD instrument cluster
- Heads-up Display
- Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- Manual air-conditioning
- 8.8-inch display with Mazda Connect infotainment system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 8 speakers
- 7 airbags
- ABS, EBD, BA, DSC, TCS, ESS
- Seat Belt Warning for all seats
Next up is the Mazda 3 2.0 Sedan High. This variant is powered by a 2.0-litre SkyActiv-G petrol engine that outputs 162 hp and 213 Nm, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
The Mazda 3 2.0 Sedan High adds this equipment on top of the entry model:
- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry
- Piano black door pillar garnish
- Frameless type rear view mirror with Auto Dimming
- Paddle shifters
- Dual-zone automatic air-conditioning with independent rear control
- Rear air vents
- Leather upholstery
- Powered driver seat with 10-way power adjustment and 2-position memory function
- Walk Away Lock
The range-topping Mazda 3 variant is the Mazda 3 2.0 Sedan/Hatchback High Plus.
This variant adds this equipment:
- 18-inch alloy wheels with 215/45 R18 tires
- LED headlights with Front Signature Illumination
- LED DRLs
- LED tail lights with Rear Signature Illumination
- Front and rear parking sensors
- i-ActivSense advanced driver assistance system
- Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS)
- High Beam Control (HBC)
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Lane-keep Assist System (LAS)
- Drive Attention Alert (DAA)
- Front and Rear Smart Brake Support (SBS)
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC)
- Rear spoiler (hatchback only)
Seven colours are available on the all-new 3, namely:
- Sonic Silver
- Machine Gray
- Deep Crystal Blue
- Jet Black
- Snowflake White Pearl
- Soul Red Crystal
- Polymetal Gray Metallic (hatchback only)
The all-new Mazda 3 is backed by Bermaz's 5-year/100,000 km manufacturer warranty, whichever comes first. Owners will also get to enjoy a 5-year/100,000 km free maintenance (whichever comes first) package.
Find the best deals for a new Mazda here.