Having successfully completed two legs of its Isuzu Dura-Miles Challenge in Kuching and Ipoh, Isuzu Malaysia S.B. (IMSB) has now completed the third and final leg of this year’s Dura-Miles Challenge in Miri, Sarawak.
The Dura-Miles competition’s objective is to test one of D-Max key strength which is its fuel efficiency and as a way for Isuzu to engage with its customers. The main objective of the challenge is to complete the set distance with the least amount of fuel.
The results of the three legs of the Dura-Miles Challenge 2017 are as follows:
- Route from Taman Rekreasi Batu Kawah (MJC) to Sematan Palm Beach Resort and back to MJC
- Total distance of approximately 208km (4 hours drive time)
- 29 participants
Mr Jerry Anak Wan Jok
Rainy and mostly straight
Mr. Ng Quek Peng
- Aeon Kinta City to Hotel Swiss Garden Damai Laut, Lumut and back to MH Hotel.
- Total distance of approximately 250km (4.5 hours drive time)
- 27 participants
Mr. Chuah Chen Yang
Hilly with many long corners
- Isuzu Miri 3S Centre to Samalaju Resort Hotel and back to Coco Cabana, Miri
- Total distance of 280km (4 hours drive time)
- 35 participants
Ms. Maria AK Dian
Coastal roads with minor road upgrading and heavy trucks presence
Mr. Hiew Kim Leong
Chief Operating Officer of IMSB Masayuki Suzuki added, “From year to year, our D-Max innovation and evolution has made it a preferred pick-up truck for motorist due to its performance, comfort, dependability and certainly its fuel efficiency. To push our product limits, we did our third attempt to test our D-Max fuel efficiency in Dura-Miles Challenge in 2015.
“This time around, Isuzu organized this competition so that their customers can experience for themselves the fuel efficiency by participating in this challenge and have fun at the same time”, he added.