Bermaz Motor Sdn Bhd, the official distributor of Mazda vehicles in Malaysia launched the new CX-9 SUV today.
The seven-seater, which currently follows Australian specifications, is offered in 2WD and 4WD configurations, with prices as mentioned below:
- 2017 Mazda CX-9 CBU 2WD – RM316,788
- 2017 Mazda CX-9 CBU 4WD – RM333,129
*Prices mentioned are OTR with insurance
Powered by Mazda’s SkyActiv-G 2.5-T turbocharged petrol engine paired to a six-speed automatic gearbox, both 2WD and 4WD versions of the CX-9 produce a maximum output of 228 hp and 420 Nm of peak torque.
Measuring 5,075mm long, 1,969mm wide, and 1,747mm tall with a wheelbase length of 2,930mm, the list of standard equipments in both variants of the new CX-9 CBU include:
- 20-inch wheels
- Leather seats
- 12-speaker Bose audio system
- 6 airbags
- 8-inch LCD display with Commander Control
- Reverse Camera
- Auto cruise
- LED headlamps with DRL
- LED tail lamps
- Powered Sunroof with sliding and tilt glass
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Remote operated power tailgate
- i-Stop idling stop technology
- I-Eloop Brake Energy Regeneration System
- ABS, EBD, DSC, BA
- Smart City Brake Support
- GPS Navigation with 2D and 3D mode
Offered in five colour choices – Sonic Silver, Deep Crystal Blue, Snowflake White Pearl, Machine Grey and Jet Black, the Australian spec CX-9 also comes with 5-years/100,000km warranty and a 3-years/60,000 free maintenance program.
Having been open for booking since the last quarter of 2016, the Malaysian spec (CBU from Japan) version of the CX-9 seven seater SUV will be launched later this year according to Bermaz Motor.
According to the company, whether there will be a difference in price will depend on the Foreign Exchange rate at the time of launch.