Jaguar Land Rover Malaysia today expanded its product portfolio in Malaysia with the introduction of the new Range Rover Velar.
Here to fill the gap between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport, the Velar is offered with two engine options and three trim levels:
- Velar 2.0L P250 – RM529,800
- Velar 2.0L P250 R-Dynamic – RM588,800
- Velar 3.0L P380 R-Dynamic - TBA
prices excludes road tax, registration, and insurance.
Powering the 2.0L models is the Ingenium P250 turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine producing 250 PS and 365 Nm of torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive system with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics. Thanks to the powertrain, the Velar P250 is able to do the century sprint in 6.7 seconds, and hit a top speed of 217 km/h.
The 3.0L version (P380 badging) on the other hand, is fitted with a supercharged V6 engine kicking out 380 PS and 450 Nm of torque, enabling the higher-spec model to sprint from standstill to 100km/h in 5.7 seconds and achieve a top speed of 250 km/h.
Standard features include:
- Matrix LED headlights with signature DRL
- Rain sensing windscreen wipers
- Flush deployable door handles
- Push-start ignition
- 20-inch wheels
- Exterior mirrors – Auto-dimming, powerfold, heated door mirrors with approach lights
- Aluminium-intensive monocoque chassis
- Powered gesture tailgate (handsfree)
- Morzine headlining
- Configurable ambient interior lighting
- Leather steering wheel with flush capacitive controls
- Black body styling
- Perforated Grained leather seats
- Terrain Response with Dynamic Mode
- Rear View Camera
- Intelligent High Beam Assist
- 213 mm ground clearance
- Touch Pro Duo infotainment system
- Two HD 10-inch touchscreens with Navigation Pro
- 12.3-inch Interactive Driver Display
- 40:20:40-split rear seats with power reclining
- Cosmic Grey Interior Upholstery
- Meridian Surround Sound System, 825-watt,17 speakers
- Standard metal treadplates
Those who opt for the Velar P250 R-Dynamic and the Velar P380 R-Dynamic get extras like:
- R-Dynamic badge
- Satin Chrome body styling
- R-Dynamic exterior kit
- 21-inch 10-spoke wheels in satin dark grey finish
- Panoramic roof
- Perforated Grained leather seats with suede cloth seats
- Chrome Bezel on the steering wheel
- Shadow Aluminium interior trim
- Head-up display
- R-Dynamic treadplates
- Surround camera
Exclusive only for the Velar R-Dynamic P380, are:
- Electronic Air Suspension
- Ground clearance of up to 251 mm
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist
- Extended full leather upgrade
- R-Dynamic badge, P380 badge
Safety features include six airbags, a suite of driver assistance systems, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), ISOFIX, Intrusion Sensor, and Cruise Control Speed Limiter. There is no Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) and Pedestrian Detection though.
Ensuring it maintains Land Rover’s tradition of accomplished all-terrain capability, the Velar has all-wheel drive as standard, with the Terrain Response 2 programme available as an optional add-on. In water crossings, the Velar is able to wade through water 650 mm deep.
The chassis also incorporates electric air suspension (P380), stability control, roll stability control, and hill descent control.
Designed and engineered at Jaguar Land Rover’s development centres in the UK, the Velar, which is manufactured at the company’s Solihull production facility, is also the most aerodynamically-efficient Land Rover ever produced with a low drag coefficient of 0.32.
All vehicles distributed by Jaguar Land Rover Malaysia come with the 'Land Rover Care' programme which includes a five-year warranty, five year's free service and three year's roadside assistance.