TC Euro Cars, sole-franchise holder of Renault cars in Malaysia, have begun taking orders for Renault’s flagship SUV, the Koleos - priced at RM172,800. The introductory price comes ahead of the official launch due in September.
The second-generation Renault Koleos shares much of its underpinnings with the Nissan X-Trail, first unveiled at the 2016 Beijing Auto Show. The car sits on the Renault-Nissan Alliance’s jointly developed CMF-CD modular platform. As a result, the Koleos shares a similar footprint to Nissan’s popular mid-sized SUV.
Quite unlike the first-generation car, the all-new Koleos features a robust and muscular new design – part of a refreshed corporate profile that was initiated with the Renault Clio back in 2012.
The Renault Koleos is powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine outputting 168bhp and 226Nm. Renault claims a large portion of that of torque (up to 200Nm) is available from as low as 1,800rpm. The engine is mated to an X-Tronic CVT automatic transmission. The locally specified Koleos is only available as a front-wheel drive.
The comprehensive list of feature highlights include:
- Full-LED Pure Vision headlights with dynamic with C-shaped daytime running lights
- 18-inch alloy wheels (225/60/R18 tyres)
- Combination leather interior
- Dual-zone climate control
- 8.7-inch R-LINK 2 Infotainment system, 7-inch TFT colour screen instrument display
- Interior ambient lighting
- Keyless system with ‘walkaway lock’ as standard
- Arkamys 3D 8-speakers sound systems
- Blind Spot warning (BLIS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), ABS and EBD, Emergency Brake Assist (EBA) as standard.
The Renault Koleos comes with a five-year comprehensive manufacturer warranty with unlimited mileage. The all-new Koleos is available in four colours - Meissen Blue, Universal White, Black Metallic and Grey Metallic.