We have reported on a number of occasions that UMW Toyota Motor has plans to launch the Sienta 7-seater in Malaysia to slot in between the existing Avanza and Innova MPVs. The recent preview of the vehicle at the My AutoFest 2016 in Serdang effectively confirmed the model’s impending arrival.
We got in touch with a Toyota dealer today, who revealed to us that the Sienta will launch in Malaysia with a choice of two variants – both priced below RM100k with insurance and GST.
Unlike the longitudinal-engine rear-wheel driven Avanza and Innova, the Sienta sports a transverse engine configuration with front-wheel drive, although its 1.5-litre NR-series engine with Dual VVT-i effectively the same unit as found in the Avanza, albeit rotated by 90 degrees around the engine room.
Rated outputs measure at 107PS and 140Nm, higher than the Avanza’s 105PS and 136Nm. Standard transmission is a CVT with seven virtual ratios for manual selection. Impressively, rear disc brakes are standard in both variants, as is electronic stability control, first time by Toyota at this price range.
Pricing for the Sienta will start at RM92,900 for the 1.5G model, which comes with the following features:
- Automatic halogen projector headlamps
- LED daytime running lights
- LED tail lights
- Rear fog lights
- Power sliding rear passenger door – left side only
- 185/60 R15 tyres, alloy rims
- Rear air-con vents
- Black fabric seats
- 50:50 split-folding second and third row seats
- Audio – 2 DIN CD player, radio, MP3, AUX, USB, Bluetooth
- Monochrome trip computer
- Safety – ABS, EBD, BA, Hill Assist, Electronic Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRC), ISOFIX
- Optional – Window Tint. Reverse camera (in conjunction with DVD player)
A RM7,000 upgrade to RM99,900 for the 1.5V variant buys the following additional features:
- Automatic LED projector headlamps
- Power sliding rear passenger door – both sides
- 195/50 R16 tyres, alloy rims
- Smart keyless entry
- Auto climate control
- Brown fabric seats
- Digital video recorder
- Infotainment – 2 DIN DVD player, 6.8-inch touchscreen, radio, MP3, AUX, USB, Bluetooth, Voice Recognition
- Optitron instrument cluster with colour TFT trip computer
- Leather-wrapped steering with audio controls
- Standard – Window Tint. Reverse Camera.