2016 Ford Transit Window Van Arrives In MalaysiaAuto News
Sime Darby Auto Connexion (SDAC), the authorised distributor of Ford vehicles in Malaysia today launched the new Transit window van in Malaysia, designed especially for businesses, and anyone who want to transport groups of people.
Priced at RM148,888 on the road without insurance in Peninsular Malaysia and RM151,888 in East Malaysia, the new Transit 14-seat van is also now longer, wider, taller and offers a refreshed cabin.
According to Ford, the interior is significantly more refined, with reduced noise levels and improved ride comfort for passengers. In addition, it also features a stylish instrument panel, incorporating a range of smart stowage solutions including a large hidden compartment under the dual front passenger seat and door storage pockets that can fit an A4 clipboard and 2-litre drink bottle.
Powering the van is Ford’s proven 2.2-litre Duratorq turbo-diesel engine, producing 155PS and 385 Nm of maximum torque. Like its other Transit peers, the TDCi engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Notable features in the new Ford Transit include:
- Powered retractable side steps
- 180 degree opening rear barn door
- Electronic Stability Programme with Fail Boost Support
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Three-point seat belts for all passengers
- Second row ISOFIX child seat anchors.
- Driver and Front Passenger Airbags
- Hill Launch Assist
- Emergency Brake Assist and Emergency Brake Warning
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Quad Beam Halogen Headlamps with Follow Me Home Lighting
- Two-tier side mirrors
- Emergency Release Hammer on Single Side Load Door
- Connected Radio with Microphone
- 80-litre Fuel Tank
“We are confident that the versatile new 14-seat Transit van will appeal to a range of customers such as schools, community groups, transport operators and government departments, who will value the flexible seating layout, extra space, and added features,” said Syed Ahmad Muzri Syed Faiz, managing director, Sime Darby Auto Connexion.
Looking for a Ford? Find one at Carlist.my