Isuzu Malaysia has launched the facelifted model range of its popular Isuzu D-Max pick-up truck, now offered in eight distinct variants spread across three trim levels.
This is the first major refresh for the second-generation D-Max since its introduction in 2013, available in Standard, Premium and Z-Prestige trim levels. The top-of-the-range Z-Prestige variants are aimed squarely at the lifestyle segment - Isuzu hopes to underline the D-Max as a vehicle suited for commercial and individual owners alike.
Isuzu Malaysia Executive Director Hajime Machimura added, “Our new top-of-the-range Z-Prestige variant perfectly showcases how the new D-Max can be transformed into a premium 4X4 that can take pride of place even in the most luxurious urban setting one moment and yet take on the toughest terrains the next”.
Isuzu has chosen to omit the introduction of the new (RZ4E-TC) 1.9-litre Blue Power Ddi turbo-diesel engine which was introduced for the Thai market at the end of last year. Instead, the 2.5-litre and 3.0-litre VGS turbo Intercooler diesel engines matched to a 5-speed automatic or manual transmissions have been retained due to their proven reliability and economy.
Prices for the facelifted Isuzu D-Max range are as follows:
- 2.5-L 4×2 MT Hi-Ride: RM82.978
- 2.5-L 4×4 MT: RM93,006
- 2.5-L 4×4 AT: RM107,596
- 3.0-L 4×4 V-Cross AT: RM115,690
- 2.5-L 4×4 MT: RM103,405
- 3.0-L 4×4 V-Cross MT: RM113,063
- 2.5-L 4×4 AT: RM120,064
- 3.0-L 4×4 AT: RM128,052
Prices quoted are on-the-road, inclusive GST and insurance in Peninsular Malaysia for private registration.
Visually, the front sports a new fascia which include new headlamps with integrated LED daytime running lights complimenting a restyled fog lamp enclosure. The bumper and grille also feature a more chiseled design this time around.
Round the back, there’s a new tailgate design with reverse sensor and camera offered as standard across the range.
On the inside, a new 7-inch touchscreen display (optional) replete with DVD playability is on offer, as is a new 8-speaker setup. A new e-Lumax Multi Info Display meter cluster is fitted on all Premium and Z-Prestige variants. There is a new fabric seat design too.
Standard safety equipment levels have also been upgraded, now all variants including even the lowest-specified model comes with the full complement of driving safety aids such as Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Traction Control System (TCS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Hill Start Assist (HSA).
The trim highlights are as follows:
2.5-L 4×2 MT Hi-Ride
- 2.5-litre 4JK1-TCX, inline-four, VGS turbodiesel, DOHC 16V, 136PS at 3,600rpm, 320Nm at 1800rpm-2600rpm
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- 245/70/R16 tires
- Standard information display
- Bulb-type rear combination lamps
2.5-L 4×4 MT / AT
- Front fog lamps
- LED rear combination lamps
- 2-Din 7-inch touchscreen audio system with USB and Bluetooth compatibility
- 8-Speaker setup
- Reverse sensors
- Reverse camera
3.0-L 4×4 V-Cross AT
- 3.0-litre 4JJ1-TCX, inline-four, VGS turbodiesel, DOHC 16V, 177PS at 3,600rpm, 380Nm at 1800rpm-2800rpm
- Chrome front grille and head garnish
- Chrome plate rear bumper
- Power adjustable side mirrors
- Leather-wrapped three-spoke multifunction steering wheel
- High-mount rear stop lamp
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 265/65/R18 tires
- Shark fin type antenna
- E-Lumax MID display cluster
- Auto-air conditioning
- 8-inch touchscreen display with USB, MP3 and Bluetooth compatibility
- Keyless entry and start
- Three special body colours – Silky White Pearl (Urban Premium), Velvet Red Mica (Adventure Rugged - 3.0L Only), Stallion Black Metallic (Street Rugged - 3.0L Only)
- 18-inch alloys
- Over fenders
- Cargo Lid cover with spoiler
- Sports bar
- Street and Adventure Rugged feature grey painted alloy wheels
- Leather armrest
- Urban Premium – brown leather upholstery
- Urban Rugged – black leather upholstery
- Adventure Rugged – black leather upholstery
The new refreshed Isuzu D-Max also boasts an upgraded warranty package, now 5-years or 150,000km, from 3 years or 100,000km.