Naza Kia Malaysia, the authorised distributor of Kia vehicles in Malaysia today announced the expansion of its product line up with the high-spec version of the Sorento diesel seven-seater SUV called the Sorento 2.2 HS Turbo Diesel.
The new variant will now complement the existing low-spec Sorento LS diesel (RM155,888), Sorento MS Petrol (RM168,000) and Sorento HS Petrol (RM178,000).
Powered by a 2.2-litre CRDi turbo diesel engine capable of producing 200 PS at 3,800 rpm and 441 Nm of torque between 1,750 and 2,750 rpm, the Sorento HS Turbo Diesel gets a six-speed automatic gearbox; just like the low-spec version.
And responsible for delivering all the power to the four wheels is the Dynamax AWD system, which is also available in the newly launched Sportage GT Turbo Diesel.
As the new variant's name suggests, the Sorento HS Diesel gets more equipment than the LS diesel such as:
- HID headlamps with adaptive front lighting system over the LS' halogens
- LED taillights
- Fog lamps with cornering lamp function
- Roof rack
- Shark fin antenna
- 19-inch alloy wheels compared to the LS' 17-inches
- Leather seats (LS only has fabric seats)
- Powered seats for driver and co-driver
- 7-inch Supervision virtual colour speedometer with Multi-info display
- Alloy pedals
- Infotainment system with touch screen and Bluetooth connectivity,
- Six speakers
- Powered tailgate
Safety wise, nothing much has changed compared to the existing variants, with the list of features comprising six airbags, electronic stability control (ESC), vehicle stability management (VSM), ABS with EBD and brake assist, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, as well as ISOFIX child seat mounts.
Available in four colour choices - Imperial Bronze, Snow White Pearl, Aurora Black Pearl and Silky Silver, the 2017 Kia Sorento HS Turbo Diesel is priced at RM191,888 (OTR with insurance) and comes with a five-year/ unlimited mileage warranty.