Mazda Malaysia has officially opened their order books for the 2019 all-new Mazda CX-30. The much-anticipated Compact Crossover SUV will rival the likes of the Toyota CH-R, slots between the CX-3 and CX-5 on the sizing scale, and is designed to appeal to lifestyle centric customers.
The CX-30 is offered here in three variants across two different engines (one petrol and range-topping diesel), priced as follows:
- Mazda CX-30 2.0L (2WD): RM 143,119.20
- Mazda CX-30 2.0L High (2WD): RM 164,119.20
- Mazda CX-30 1.8L Diesel High (2WD): RM 173,027.70
West Malaysia Pricing Shown. Private Registration. On-the-road without insurance.
The CX-30 is the second model in a new generation of Mazda cars to be built on Mazda’s new-generation platform after the all-new Mazda 3. And If you wondering why there wasn't already a CX-4 that slots between a CX-3 and CX-5? You’d be right but the CX-4 is only available in China while this CX-30 is meant for the rest of the world. The CX-4 rides on a slightly longer 2,700 mm wheelbase but it is based on an older, previous-generation CX-5's platform.
The CX-30 comes measure 4,395 mm in length, 1,795 mm in width, and 1,540 mm in height. The height of the CX-30 is identical to the CX-3, while the wheelbase of the CX-30 (at 2,655 mm) is longer than that of the CX-3 (2,570 mm). It's also very similar in size to the Toyota C-HR - 4,360 mm long, 1,795 mm wide and 1,565 mm tall, with a 2,640 mm wheelbase.
The two powerplants on offer include the tried and tested 2.0-litre SkyActiv-G four-cylinder which outputs 163 hp and 213 Nm (at 4,000rpm) and a new 1.8-litre SkyActiv-D turbodiesel which delivers 114 hp and 270 Nm of torque between 1,600 rpm and 2,700 rpm. The sole transmission option for all variants is the six-speed SkyActiv-Drive automatic transmission that sends power to the front wheels.
Moving into the cockpit, the CX-30 receives a dashboard that largely mirrors that of the all-new 3, albeit with a revised top tier that flows into the door panels. An 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system is fitted as standard, as well as an 8-speaker configuration.
Depending on variant, the CX-30 is offered with the following standard equipment:
CX-30 2.0L (2WD)
- Mazda G-Vectoring Control Plus (GVC)
- Mazda i-Stop Start/Stop
- LED front headlights with Levelling function
- Auto headlights
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Electronic parking brake with Auto Hold
- Steering wheel audio controls
- Cruise Control
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Heads-up Display
- Colour Windshield-Projection Display
- Manual climate control
- Fabric seats
- 8.8-inch display with Mazda Connect infotainment system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Reverse camera with dynamic guidance lines
- 8 speakers
- 7 airbags
- ABS, EBD, BA, DSC, TCS, ESS
- Seat Belt Warning for all seats
CX-30 2.0L High (2WD)
- Front LED headlights with Signature Illumination
- Rear LED headlights with Signature Illumination
- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry
- Piano black door pillar garnish
- Powered tailgate
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Frameless Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Paddle shifters
- Dual-zone automatic air-conditioning with independent rear control
- Rear air vents
- Leather upholstery
- Powered driver seat with 10-way power adjustment and 2-position memory function
- Adaptive Front Lights (AFS)
- High-Beam Control (HBC)
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Front and Rear Smart Brake Support (SBS)
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC)
The equipment levels of the CX-30 1.8L Diesel High are identical to that of the CX-30 2.0L High.
Eight colours are available on the all-new CX-30, namely:
- Sonic Silver
- Machine Gray
- Deep Crystal Blue
- Jet Black
- Titanium Flash
- Snowflake White Pearl
- Soul Red Crystal
- Polymetal Gray Metallic
The All-New CX-30 is backed by a 5-Years/100,000km Manufacturer Warranty and Free Maintenance package (whichever comes first), according to manufacturer’s standards inclusive of labour, parts, and lubricants.
For the latest deals on Mazda vehicles, click here.