Audi Malaysia Teases 2015 A7 Sportback Facelift OnlineAuto News
For now, it’s just a form that leads to registering for more news, but the fact is that Audi Malaysia has begun teasing the arrival of its 2015 A7 Sportback facelift. First revealed to the world mid-2014, the updated BMW 6 Series, Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class-fighter benefits from a new exterior design, new transmissions and an updated infotainment system.
Speaking to a source within Audi Malaysia, the news has been confirmed, with the car set to be previewed here before the third quarter of the year kicks off. No mention of any further details were spared to us.
*Update: Audi Malaysia has updated its official website since this article was written, and so have we:
In the past, and under the stewardship of Euromobil Sdn Bhd, the previous distributor of Audi vehicles in Malaysia, the Audi A7 commanded a cool RM599,000 for the single variant available, which was an A7 3.0-litre TFSI quattro – yours truly even had the privilege of driving his parents to his own wedding in this last year (Thanks Audi).
Back to the facelifted model, and Audi has branded its four-door coupe with a more muscular, Single-frame front-grill, revised the bumpers and tailpipes, and made Xenon Plus headlamps a standard inclusion throughout the vehicle. Of course, the brand’s popular Matrix LED headlights can be had, albeit optionally.
An S line package will also be offered, and will include:
- Bumpers, front and rear, side radiator grilles, side sill trims and diffuser insert in a striking, sporty design
- Diffuser insert painted in platinum grey
- Door sill trims with S line logo; in conjunction with ambient lighting, door sill trims illuminated and without S line logo
- S line emblem on the front wings
- Paint finish in all standard/optional equipment colours and additionally in the special colours Daytona grey, pearl effect and Misano red, pearl effect.
The brand's 3.0-litre TFSI engine has been confirmed as the sole engine option to come, but as always, it's properly equipped with 333hp and 440Nm of torque - 90% of that torque will be available from 2,900rpm to 5,300rpm. This rockets the A7 to 100km/h in 5.3 seconds, and returns a claimed fuel consumption of 8.2-litres/100km.
A few of the Audi's tech features have been shared online as well, so here's a quick glimpse of them:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with braking guard including pre-sense front
- Night vision assistant with pedestrian detection
- Adaptive light and high-beam assist
- Audi active lane assist
- Audi side assist including pre-sense rear
- 7-inch high-res TFT colour display drive instruments
- Interior ambient lighting
More precise specifications relative to our market will be unveiled soon enough.